What's new

Booth Bijou Garage Theater (1 Viewer)

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Coming up in two weeks at the Booth Bijou Garage Theater: Liam Neeson night!

i-TFDFVLJ-XL.jpg

i-QpNxr49-XL.jpg

I can't wait to see both of these movies again! It will be interesting to see how quickly they "sell out"!

Mark

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I was surprised by "The Grey" - went into it expecting nothing other than a way to pass two hours, and found myself very moved by it, and caught up in its tale. I didn't see "Non-Stop" but if you're showing it, that's obviously a good recommendation! Probably will check it out at some point.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
'Non-Stop' requires you to suspend disbelief. Not as much as 'Taken 2' but still a bit. But I see both of those movies as popcorn flicks, not high art. If you just put your brain in neutral and roll with the flick, I think you'll enjoy it. Have some popcorn! :)

Mark

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That Thing You Do and Lone Survivor. Two of my favorite films.

That Thing You Do is an especial favorite of the entire Frezon family. Hardly a day doesn't go by in which a line from that film isn't quoted by one of us.

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
Ha ha ha!!!!! Very approbational!!!!! I like your theater and the movies as you put them together accordingly!!!! Very encouraging this is!!! Thanks for sharing!!!! :)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Josh Steinberg said:
I was surprised by "The Grey" - went into it expecting nothing other than a way to pass two hours, and found myself very moved by it, and caught up in its tale. I didn't see "Non-Stop" but if you're showing it, that's obviously a good recommendation! Probably will check it out at some point.
Hey, I'm quoting myself -- Mark, just wanted to mention, I watched Non-Stop as I was packing (well, taking a break from packing..) a few weeks ago (just moved), and really enjoyed it, way more than I ever imagined I would from the trailers. Thanks for posting about it here, I wouldn't have seen it without noticing your recommendation.

BTW, I'm thinking about borrowing (stealing?) your idea of posting a thread for my new home theater setup and movies shown. I don't think I can keep it as classy or interesting as yours, but reading your frequent posts about what you're programming and the combinations you put together makes me want to do something similar.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Thank you, Josh and Brian!

We were on a trip for about a week. Things are finally getting back to normal around our place. We showed 'All That Heaven Allows' and 'Chicago' (Diamond Edition) yesterday. We had 17 friends join us in the Garage Theater. On short notice, too. I was actually surprised we got that many with only 3 days notice.

Due to a busy schedule and a lack of new releases on Blu-ray, we don't have anything planned until the release of 'Chef' (which we will pair with 'Ratatouille', for sure). That will probably be on August 24 but we'll have to wait and see if the predicted August 19 release of 'Chef' on Blu-ray is accurate.

Mark

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
My wife and I were gone on a 6-week road trip (August 31 to October 14)! We've been home a week and, boy, I am really itching to fire up the Booth Bijou Garage Theater again!!

As we all know, 'Chef' was delayed until September. So our 'Ratatouille' and 'Chef' double-bill is this coming weekend. We are already "sold out" with 5 people on a waiting list!
i-SgCtDfk-X2.jpg

i-ZjQjSqh-X2.jpg

I can't wait to see 'Chef' again! It will be fun to watch it with a bunch of people that haven't seen it yet. :)

Mark

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Up next in the Booth Bijou Garage Theater!

i-tWVTTmt-X2.jpg

i-q94w2DL-X2.jpg

'Edge of Tomorrow' is my favorite movie from 2014. I can't wait to show it in the Booth Bijou!

Mark

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm actually thinking of a double feature at my place sometime of Sleeping Beauty & Maleficent.

I haven't seen Maleficent yet. Wasn't sure I wanted to. But there are so many good reviews now--including RAH--that I think I will.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
So basically you want to buy an ND so you won't get oil on your pretty garage floor?

When the ND comes home, how about the Steve McQueen LeMans followed by Pixar's Cars?

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
I'm actually thinking of a double feature at my place sometime of Sleeping Beauty & Maleficent.

I haven't seen Maleficent yet. Wasn't sure I wanted to. But there are so many good reviews now--including RAH--that I think I will.
Agreed! Maleficent wasn't on my radar at all until I read RAH's few words! But I still think I'll rent it first.

Mark

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Dennis Nicholls said:
So basically you want to buy an ND so you won't get oil on your pretty garage floor?

When the ND comes home, how about the Steve McQueen LeMans followed by Pixar's Cars?
(Dennis is referring to the 2016 MX-5 Miata. "ND" refers to those letters in the vehicle's VIN number identifying the 4th generation of the model.)

Dennis, my NB doesn't leak oil so I don't need an ND to prevent it. ;)

One way an ND could impact the movies we show in the Booth Bijou is how quickly a good car cover is available. When I move the cars to the driveway for movie nights, the Miata always gets covered. I wouldn't want a new ND sitting out there without appropriate attire! :)

Mark

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Wow! I thought 'The Fury' gave our new subwoofer a workout two weeks ago. Even more impressive was last night's showing of 'Nightcrawler'! The film contains multiple scenes with sustained low bass in the musical score. WOW, was the Booth Bijou Garage Theater a'rumbling! :rock:

In two weeks the Booth Bijou will be hosting "Mark's Favorites" movie night! Our "B movie" will be my all-time favorite film! The film I've seen more times than any other (yes, even more times than Star Wars or Raiders of the Lost Ark)! A phenomenal film that is finally coming to Blu-ray!!

i-ZRdZdb4-XL.jpg

And our main feature will be my favorite film of 2014!

i-hQth5pd-XL.jpg

I expect this movie night to be a fast "sell out". We'll see!

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks