What's new

Boost my output of my subwoofer (1 Viewer)

soundfreak

Auditioning
Real Name
Masood
Hi there, newbie here. could anyone give me some advise please? I've got two home theater amplifiers. the one is a 6 x 120watts and the other is a stereo amp pushing out 2 x 80watts im currently using the 5.1 channel amp as the main amp. my problem is that when i crank up the volume then its almost like the bass fades away. my front and satellite speakers over power my sub-woofers at a certain point. basically i would like to know if there's any way i could maybe just boost the woofers output by using the stereo amp? please note there are no RCA outputs for the subwoofer only a high output for a passive woofer.

PLEASE HELP

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
Which am is running what? I'm confused as to what is actually running the sub and what is running the mains? Do you have a 7.1 setup or just a 5.1 with a stereo amp running the front mains?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
He probably has an older "actual" 6 channel AVR from back when the AVR powered the subwoofer itself(like the Onkyo HTS 3500 does).There was a time...that was the norm.

soundfreak

Auditioning
Real Name
Masood
hi guys its a normal 6 channel amp that powers everything. the sub-woofers are on the woofer channel and as the other speakers are connected straight forward. front to front, center to center and rear to rear. its a 5.1 setup. i haven't connected to two channel amp yet because i'm afraid i might damage something. but i would like to use it to give the woofers a bit more power though using the woofer channel coming from the 5.1 channel amp.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
soundfreak said:
the stuff here are too expensive which is why i opted to rather build my own setup
And...build your own subwoofer.You don't have any car audio shops you can buy a driver from?Home or car...the driver/box is the same.And how is the power divied up in the Dixon? 70 to the front and sub? Or 70 to front and center?All have a pathetic amount for surround duty. Like Dixon hasn't moved on from 1993.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks