What's new

BoomTown Returns March 2nd (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Give it a watch, this is a great show that's riding on the buble of cancellation now and could use some support. While Dragnet is just OK Boomtown is excellent (So I'm sure Dragnet will survive always the way)

Bravo is also running a Marathon of all the shows that day as well so you can catch up. Give it a try. Great Cast and good stories.

PeteyG

Stunt Coordinator
I agree Dave - I think this show is very well done. An interesting take on how to tell a story on yet another "Cop Drama". The acting is excellent. Hopefully this show won't get cancelled.

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
Yeah it's my favorite cop show I think. I like the characters and the narrative style keeps things interesting (though it's used more effectively in some eps than others). Funny thing is when the new season started last fall I didn't really have much interest in Boomtown, I thought Robbery Homicide Division would be good. Turns out it was just the opposite for me, RHD didn't keep my interest at all and Boomtown hooked me pretty much from the first episode.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
This show has a lot of potential. But scripting a show every week that shows the differing viewpoint storyline without it seeming forced is very difficult.

The first few episodes worked pretty well, but in some of the others it appeared that the POV switches were just done because it was how the show worked.

With luck, the writers will have had a chance to recharge their creative batteries.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Wow, that's exactly what I wanted, a marathon rerun, I missed a few episodes and I don't like to have a series without beginning, so I'll record all those episodes off Bravo!
Though they say it'll be "all 11 episodes" but there are 12 that aired already, new one on NBC will be 13th.
Bravo hasn't posted schedule for March yet either.

Edit: Well TVGuide online has it already, 11 episodes indeed, the order is not production or air date, a bit mixed up, and they won't be airing EP8 Crash, or EP9 by production order.
Anyone seen it, is it good?

Bravo will also show them 2 episodes a day, on Tuesday the 4th and so on, maybe they'll show Crash then.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Great show. The pilot was very good, and it steadily improved from there. A couple of eps were just OK, but most of them were excellent. Only the "Fearless vs. the Russian mob" ep was a loser. From what I've read, the show has a decent shot of being renewed.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Yes! Bravo finally posted their schedule for March.
The good thing for me is they will show those 2 episodes I can't get on the marathon day. EP12 Sinaloa Cowboys will conflict with Alias 9-10pm and EP8 Crash is missing completely from the marathon line up, but both will be repeated on Thursday March 13th! 10-12pm.
I'll get all the episodes!
:D

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the heads-up about the rebroadcasts, I was very late at getting into this show.

March 2 is also when HBO starts the rebroadcast of Season 1 of The Wire, I believe.

BrandonL

Stunt Coordinator
This is one of the few shows I actually make time to watch. I can't wait to watch it tonight!

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Whew, filled 20 gigs with Boomtown today, now gotta burn a dozen DVDs.
Only NBC is SO grainy on my cable, after Bravo it's almost impossible to watch.
Anyone knows if Bravo will show other episodes as well, or some other channel rerun them?
I like how some ABC shows are rerun on USA, I get much better quality broadcast of that one.
Maybe based on previous years and series experience with NBC shows, are they ever rerun on other channels?

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
I enjoy this show, but I thought it was extremely weak writing to have the family saved because the last cop to leave happened to see the real meter reader. :rolleyes:

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks