Boomtown 3/9

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RobertW, Mar 10, 2003.

1. RobertW

RobertW Supporting Actor

this one really strayed from the concept. it was laid out pretty much just like any other cop series. and it now appears they are going to include multi-episode storylines.

It was Band of Brothers reunion night on Boomtown last night. In addition to writer/producer Graham Yost, and stars Donnie Wahlberg and Neal McDonough, we had guest stars Frank John Hughes(Guarnere) and Rick Gomez(Luz).

2. MikeFR

MikeFR Supporting Actor

I really liked this episode. So far they have done a really good job of coming up with completely different episodes. I dont really see how they strayed from the concept on this one?

3. Mike_Stuewe

Mike_Stuewe Stunt Coordinator

They are really starting to switch perspectives for no reason at all now. Whats the point. I remember some of the first episodes, where there would be a situation, and one cop would notice something, and another cop would see something else. So you had to see everyones perspective to get the entire picture. Now it just seems like they are taking someone's perspective because the scene changed.

It was a good episode, but I wish they would go back to the original vision of the show.

4. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

I thought this was a pretty good overall episode as far as cop dramas, but as you have all said, the "perspective" concept was pretty well discarded. Practically no time shifting at all for this one, with most of the action acting in serial.

They did have some great guest stars, though.

5. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    I really thought this was a very good ep and Loved seeing alot of the Band of brothers Stars. I can't think of another cop series besides the Shield which is this interesting. Which, of course means its doomed to cancellation at any time. The producers have said in an interview that they will play with the structure and won't always adhere to the time shifting element, which I think is too bad as it was the most interesting part of the formula, but I think the series is struggling for it's life and they might be trying to win over the mainstream who might find the shifting around too hard to follow, especially after it's been fed all that reality show pablem.

I still enjoy the ensemble and it along with the Shield and The Dead Zone are 3 series in the top echelon of TV Right now.

6. Doug R

Doug R Supporting Actor

I've watched since the series start and thought this was a weak, generic episode. They have totally gone from the original vision. There was no "point of view" anywhere in this episode. I too hope they go back to the original format where a crime was observed from "every" point of view and there were overlapping segments and new insights throughout the episode. It's probably tough to write like that and much easier to write a generic episode like last night.

7. Rob Willey

Rob Willey Screenwriter

Rob
    This episode may have been a bit lacking because unlike previous episodes it was trying to setup an on-going storyline (Guarnere from BoB as some sort of "traitor").

But I agree, not their best.

Rob

8. RobertW

RobertW Supporting Actor

it's too obvious for him to be the traitor. i'm leaning toward dorian harewood.