Boomtown 2nd epsiode

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by LarryDavenport, Oct 7, 2002.

1. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

That was an awesome episode. I loved how perceptions of the characters and crime connstatntly changed until the very end. I felt like there was more to this 1-hour episode than there are to most 2-hour movies.

I alos thought the Doofus part was hilarious!

2. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

I agree Larry. The story was pretty unique and it had a lot of meat in it for the guest characters with a bit more backstory as needed for the main characters. I also really liked Fearless' hostage negotiation technique. [​IMG]

3. Mark Pfeiffer

Mark Pfeiffer Screenwriter

I thought this episode was a lot better than the first. The nonlinear storyline was used more effectively and felt less gimmicky. I'll watch again. (Looks like The Practice may have lost a viewer. That show was starting to go overboard last year.)

4. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Yeah I've caught botheps so farand I have to say I think it's probably the best show of the season. It's cast perfectly, there is some stuff shoehorned in like the affair with the reporter (But they redeem that somewhat with the Green Eyed Jealously tie in at the end)but I still think it's pretty tightly plotted. Now I know the success of Memento helped getting thisshow to the air but I'm digging it. I loved that I was saying "Yeah Right this slub is getting this fine woman"and then it turns out to be part of his Fantasy. I also like finding out where that doofus guy go the Cricket mallet later on, good stuff, which probably means it's doomed. I know it's getting critical raves, but the brain dead TV viewer out there is not getting it because they need drivel Sitcoms to feed their mind. I Know I've talked to a few of them. This show demands you watch it,maybe a fatal flaw.Probably thebest new show since Homicide.

5. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

It's doing pretty well in the ratings, just a bit behind The Practice. (Looks like they might resolve the ridiculous don't-kill-your-cannibal-stalker storyline next week.)

Boomtoom is delivering on the usual promise for Law&Order, keeping you guessing until the end. (Hey, I'm a big L&O fan, but the promos are really annoying.)

Doofus was great.

//Ken

6. Doug R

Doug R Supporting Actor

Heh where did Doofus get the mallet? I musta zoned out during that part.

7. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    He picked it up off the ground when the husband dropped it

8. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

Actually, Doofus found a Cricket bat in the trash. The husband used a Baseball bat on Wilson's car. It would have been cool (in a way) had the cricket bat belonged to the husband, but then we would be wandering into Magnolia territory (as far as really weird coincidences).

I am loving the one-two punch of Angel and Boomtown (I now watch Law & Order 3 on USA Friday nights).

9. Mark Pfeiffer

Mark Pfeiffer Screenwriter

10. Steven L

Steven L Stunt Coordinator

Good episode. I thought ep. one was a little weak but this week's was much better. If it stays this good I'll be a regular viewer.

11. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Screenwriter

I liked episode two a lot and at first I wanted to know how that guy got a woman like that; I liked how it unfolded. I like the show.

I think that reporter is sexy FWTW.

12. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    I am already starting to like this show a lot. Great characters for sure but it is the whole presentation that makes it work. Great writers, great direction, fantastic editing and the actors to pull it all off.

I see this show hanging around for several seasons.

Parker

13. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the awesome opening of the show. I was telling a friend about it the other day and suggested he watch it this Sunday, just for the opening [​IMG]
    Gord