What's new

"Boomtown" 12/01 (1 Viewer)

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Best episode to date. Neal McDonough delivered an Emmy-worthy performance. The scene with the Vietnamese father was heartbreaking. This may overtake "24" as my favorite show.

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
I caught the second half between Home Movies and Sealab on Adult Swim at 10:30. I hadn't seen the show before but it was really good. I think I'll have to start watching it at 10:00 off the antenna and let TiVo record my Adult Swim stuff off the satellite.

Brad Grenz

Second Unit
My Sundays are too busy. I've a few episodes of Boomtown an I think it's really good, but It's hard to work it in when my VCR is already getting a workout from me trying to watch Alias, Angel, Malcom in the Middle and Andy Richter Controls the Universe in the same hour then catch Home Movies (possibly my favorite show on right now) and Boomtown. And that's without mentioning Law and Order: CI which I catch the next week on Fridays.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yeah I really hope this show sticks around it's the best Crime drama since Homicide

RobertW

Supporting Actor
i thought it was a bit weak, primarily again because it didn't really follow the "high concept" storytelling that this series was supposed to be built around. it played mostly just like any other cop series on tv.

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
If by "high-concept" you mean the scenes from different viewpoints that are not necessarily in chronological order, I think they definitely used that concept in the 12/1 episode. After all, it wasn't until, what, half way through the episode that we saw things from David McNorris' viewpoint, which put things in a totally different light.
My only complaint is there was a bit too much self-pity and reflection with David at the end, I think they ran out of material and had to stretch things out a bit. But overall it was a very good episode IMHO.

Wayne W

Stunt Coordinator
I watched the pilot of Boomtown to try it out after seeing the ads for it. I have been hooked ever since. Great acting, production value, concept, and execution. Donnie Wahlberg and Neal McDonough are especially good. Anyone else think of Band of Brothers when they saw them both in the same series?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks