"Boomtown" 11/10

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rob P S, Nov 11, 2002.

1. Rob P S

Rob P S Screenwriter

rob
    An excellent episode this week, and a rebound from last week's dud. Good work from Joe Penny and Gary Basaraba, with a neat twist ending. Penny plays a depressed sporting-goods store manager who once starred in a short-lived TV cop show and whose character inspired Ray to become a cop. When the store is held up by robbers, Penny gets a chance to be a hero - with the encouragement of Ray.

Grade: A-

2. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Yes It was definately a better episode, I still think this is one of the better original series to come along Since Homicide, let's Hope NBC stays with it.

3. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

What an excellent episode! This is by far my favorite new show of the season and hopefully will be around as long as Homicide was. This episode had so many twists I was totally faked out when Ray got "killed." . It was great how they incorporated the scenes from Rip Tide and even had the joke about how "Smith & Wesson" was so much like Simon & Simon.

4. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

Hey this was a good show! The only bit I didn't care for was the 'fake kill flash-forward', but I'll check back next week!

5. Steven L

Steven L Stunt Coordinator

Yep, an excellent recovery from the previous ep.