BOOM! boom.

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by chuckg, Jul 17, 2006.

1. chuckg

chuckg Supporting Actor

Know what that double sonic boom from the space shuttle feels like? Anybody ever get that chest-crushing eyelash-fluttering feeling from their HT??? Today's re-entry set off car alarms - and we were a good 15 miles from the flight path.

2. Colin Runner

Colin Runner Agent

Wow, that's pretty cool. My house is about 20 miles from Ft. Riley, and they love to shoot off their big guns. We have things rattling and shaking all the way out here!

I once was on the fort for a football game and we were around the firing range, and they blasted off a shell that made such a gut-renching feeling that I felt sick! The bass and the "kick in the gut" feeling was tremendous!

3. MikeLi

MikeLi Supporting Actor

I was stationed at El Toro, CA as an MP when the first Harriers were delivered (flew in) as this would be their new base. Wow, been around jets a year or so there so I was used to loud but earth shattering, ear shattering and feet shattering for a long ways was unbelievable. There is a short or there was a short part of I-5 back then that could see part of the runway. There was like a 15 car pileup out there as no one ever saw a jet stop in mid air and hover before. Very funny and an experience I will never forget.

4. chuckg

chuckg Supporting Actor

Sonic booms are a most peculiar thing, eh? First time I experienced one, I thought that the gates of Hell had just clanged shut. Behind me.

Now, I just want a subwoofer that will do that. Mine is loud and sounds nice, but isn't that gut wrenching.

5. MikeLi

MikeLi Supporting Actor

Yes and to get one that would produce that boom like you hear and feel it without rattling or tearing the walls down.....