Bookshelves Needed

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Troy S, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Troy S

Troy S Agent

Need some bookshelves for fronts to go with a new system. Looks like the tiny mighty Dayton will be the sub and need some inexpensive bookshelves to go with it. Probably a center to match also if that is the preferred way. I figure I'll pick up some cheap surrounds for now and upgrade those later.

How are the Yamaha NS 333's?

2. Chris Quinn

Chris Quinn Screenwriter

3. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Price range?

4. John S

John S Producer

For a rock bottom bargain solution.. The Yamaha NS series deliver. I do find it funny, they are called NS (Natural Sound) They have to be some of the least natural sounding speakers out there. lol

I hooked up a system a few weeks ago.. Cheapo Sherwood 6.1 with some ultra bargain Yamaha NS stuff that had like 8" bass drivers in them, 3 way like $30 each, no sub. I had to admit, for the money spent, they guy did real well for the performance he is getting for HT. For music, the speakers definetly have a nasal sort of quality though the owner thought it/they sounded great still. He was comming from an Awai or whatever they are called really cheapo HTIB thingy. The ultra bargain system, I am sure blew that thing right away, but I never heard it before the change.

5. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I'd have to agree, I think N stands for "Nasal" not natural, because I owned the older 8" 3-ways some time ago, and that's exactly how they sounded. The good thing was, I only paid $18 for the pair brand new (double the difference price match) and they worked great for surrounds at the time. I sold them for much more than I bought them for, so basically, I MADE money off those speakers [​IMG]