Bookshelves for 2-channel

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by DavidCooper, Jan 4, 2005.

1. DavidCooper

DavidCooper Stunt Coordinator

Ok...I'm very well versed in the area of HT, however I recently have been wanting to put a small 2-channel music system in my home office.

I would like to get a good pair fo bookshelf/monitor speakers to go along with an seperate amp and used primarly to play vinyl and some CD's later on down the road.

My question is: Can I find a pair of bookshelf/monitor speakers that would fit this bill for around $300 for the pair? The room is pretty small only 12' x 12' square.

I currently have a pair of Swan 2.1's in my HT system and I might just get another pair of those, but I just wanted some opinions from some 2 -channel guys!

Thanks in advance!!!

2. meeks

meeks Agent

Sorry I dont have any recomendations, but I was wondering how do you like your 2.1's for HT? Im thinking about getting those & the C3. Can they belt out some sound?

3. DavidCooper

They are AMAZING speakers for the money. I have the 2.1's along with the C3 in a pretty large room and they fill it up very nicely.

They are very detailed without being harsh and have a very nuetral sound. They can play loud without hurting your ears too. Mine are paired up with an SVS 20-39 PC+ and they blend perfectly. For the money spent I don't think there is anyting out there that can compare.

4. JerryMa

JerryMa Stunt Coordinator

How are the 2.1s for straight 2-channel listening? I'm looking for a 5.1 system (although the .1 might come later) and would like to get fronts that can do music well without a sub (even after I get one). I have a NAD receiver.

5. DavidCooper

With he sub the 2.1's sound fantastic. Even by themselves they sound good. I might just get another pair for my 2-channel project since they will be in a small room.

They image like crazy.

We did some side by sides with my buddies B&W 802's and his sunfire sub against my 2.1's/SVS and he was floored. We both thought they sounded great with the imaging sounding a bit better with the swans.

6. Scott_N

Scott_N Second Unit

I like the Acoustic Energy Evo One in this price range. It retails for $299 and they are quite detailed without being bright and I like them better than some bookshelves twice the price. You might also go the used route and look for a pair of Triangle Titus's. They are also great bang for the buck and have a nice midrange.