What's new

bookshelf wall mounting? (1 Viewer)

I have a pair of JBL LXE 330s that I want to mount on the walls for my rear channels. These weigh about 15 lbs each. Due to the layout of my room, I need to mount them above doors. So they will be about 7.5-8 feet high. What is the best way to mount them? I was thinking about building shelves and firing them (behind my seating position) straight out towards each other. Would the shelves be a good idea, or are brackets better?

Dave Hahn

Premium
Real Name
Dave Hahn
Shelves are cheaper, brackets look a little better. Most brackets only hold the speaker approx. 4" from the wall; you can build your shelves to allow for speaker placement at any distance from the wall that you want.

15 lbs. isn't all that heavy, but I'd still make sure I used long deck screws or lag bolts to hit a stud on at least one side of the shelf or bracket. You can use model paint to paint the top of the screws/bolts to match your shelf/bracket.

PartsExpress.com has a number of brackets at reasonable prices.

Thank you. I like some of those brackets. Would I need to drill holes in the speakers? What is the best method for doing this?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks