What's new

bookshelf speakers for nearfield listening (1 Viewer)

Evan:R

Agent
I'm interested in setting up some bookshelf speakers on my desk. I have Axiom M50ti's in the livingroom, but want something to hook up to the computer as well. How do their bookshelf speakers sound from such close proximity? What about the Ascend Acoustics CBM-170s? If anyone can suggest another quality bookshelf in the same price range that excels in nearfield sound quality, please do so! Thanks.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Speakers used for nearfield that were not designed for such may sound overly bright. If this is the case, all you have to do is reduce the treble control.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Mike Carter

Agent
Head down to your local Guitar Center or Sam Ash music store and go to the recording department. They have studio speaker designed just for near field monitoring.

Evan:R

Agent
Thanks for the replies guys! Any speakers in particular you care to suggest Mike?

Most likely I will order the Ascends, so I have the flexibility of putting them elsewhere for normal listening. I already have some Axiom M50ti towers, and am curious to see the differences between those and the Ascends.

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
If you don't mind the ported sound, the Alesis Monitor One Mk2s aren't bad. I think we got them for something like $300/pr. (It's at work, and we're using them for near-field monitoring... if we ever got the audio rig built right.)

Otherwise, I'd say there's nothing wrong with a pair of NHT SuperOnes... same pricish, mag shielding.

Leo Kerr
[email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks