What's new

Bookshelf speaker wall mounts? (1 Viewer)

Brad_Cox

Agent
I was curious if anyone had any good places to find the wall mount kits for bookshelf speakers. I have the Athena B1.2's and I need to figure out how I am going to mount them when I move in to my new home.

Thanks in advance.

Brad_Cox

Agent
Thank you for the links. How high should you surrounds be? I just purchased a set of 31" speaker stands because I thought they were going to be used for fronts but I found a pair of the F2.2's on Audiogon yesterday fpr $250 so now they will be surrounds. This is my first home theater and I was under the impression that they should be mounted up high, if that isnt the case I can save some money and use the stands I just purchased.

Thanks

Brad

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I started out mounting my surrounds up high too, but found that I like them better mounted on stands, especially when using monopoles. I also had the B1s and I liked them. 31" stands should put those guys at a good height, probably putting them at or above ear level when seated on most couches, then you angle them so they are not pointed directly at the listener and they should give you a nice, sufficiently diffused sound for movies and still work well for music. I use the same speakers front and rear (GR Research A/V-2s) and I have all of them on 26" stands and it sounds great with multichannel music.

Brad_Cox

Agent
Thanks for the good information. I am certainly going to try the stands first before I throw more money away. The first link you gave me did have one pair that clamped onto the speaker so it would seem that that wouldnt effect the rear ports as much.

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks