Bookshelf CD player for TV audio?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Tim Holyoke, Aug 16, 2003.

1. Tim Holyoke

Tim Holyoke Second Unit

I was just curious, I'm on a very limited budget, and have always just had a simple 3 piece bookshelf stereo and been happy. I need a new one now though, and was wondering if there are bookshelf stereo's that would let me run the television audio through them? I know it wouldn't be anything special, but it would be an upgrade from the TV speakers, especially for DVDs. Maybe I can't even do this, but if so, could you recommend me some bookshelf systems? Thanks alot.

2. Mark C.

Mark C. Supporting Actor

I'm using a Sony 3-disc changer to do the exact thing for my bedroom TV. I simply ran an RCA cable between the audio outputs on the TV to the auxillary inputs on the changer. Make sure the mini system has auxillary and you're all set. The system isn't much, but it adds a little punch to DVDs and movies on television.

3. Tim Holyoke

Tim Holyoke Second Unit

Alright, thanks, good to know it can at least be done. What Sony system do you have?

4. Mark C.

Mark C. Supporting Actor

I have the Sony CMT-EP707. It's probably been replaced by a newer model by now, since I bought it on closeout more than a year ago. Just make sure the model you purchase has an auxillary RCA stereo input. Good luck.