What's new

Bookself Speakers for 800-1K (1 Viewer)

Gil D

Supporting Actor
Jeff,

I use to own B&W 600 and CDMse. I now run Sonus faber and Polk Lsi-9. The Polk LSi is a real bargain. You can get the LSi9's, LSI-Center, and LSi-FX bipole/dipole rears for about 1500-1600, and the center is really optonal with the great imaging and dispersion of the LSi9's. I would pick the LSi until I got up to an N804 and above ;)

The Dynaudio 1.3SE is a very good speaker. Great detail, imaging and clarity. Perhaps better in some regards to my smoother sounding Signums. The Dynes can sometimes be difficult to place for bass response IMO, at least in my auditions. Also the Audience52 is not bad at all. You can start with a pair until you can afford to step up to the Contour, if your partial to the Dynaudio sound.

Be sure to also bring your own music when audtioning speakers, to help you decide what sounds best/right to your ears. I myself am partial to Italian cabinetry and Danish drivers (Scanspeak & Vifa)

Jaime B

Stunt Coordinator
I had not visited this thread since my post on July 20th. Not to prolong a pointless discourse here, but I think Steve_D did not mean any harm to the French, for if he did he's in the WRONG city to do so!
St. Louis was founded by French fur traders in 1764 when the area was part of Spain (confusing ain't it). I visited St. Louis 5 years ago to find that a good percentage of its inhabitants are of direct French descent (as it should be!)
Didn't take the time to look for a High-End store to visit.

JaimeB

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks