What's new

Booker: Collector's Edition... Worst case yet? (1 Viewer)

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
OK... I just got the TV Series Booker (spin-off of 21 Jump Street) And I must say I absolutely despise the case they used. It is one I personally never seen before.. and hopefully will never see again. Granted this set is very cheap (I paid $9.17 for the set of 20 episodes)... but they should have done better on the case then what they did!

When you first get it you see what looks to be a normal (albeit wide) Keep case...

3859826406_42873d0a3e_o.jpg

But when you open it you find 4 envelops (1 per disc) clipped into the case...

3859039303_11fbd0bfba_o.jpg

3859826458_5dcd98a1d4_o.jpg

As you can see (I know barely... quick photos not my best work)... the envelopes is what clips into the the case instead of the DVDs on hubs. So if anything happens to the envelopes then the main case is not of much good. I know... how expensive could cd envelopes be? I am sure they are cheap... but I have never seen any in my area to buy them... plus I would prefer to have black ones to match the rest of the set... which I am sure will be much harder to find.

But that really not the point I am making... was such a choice really necessary? I personally would rather have something much more standard.

What do you think?

- Like the setup?
- It is ridiculous?
- Something else?

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
If the discs are fine, id pitch the case, and put them in a new one. If they are scratched, back to the store, whole damn thing would go.
Yep, its cheap, but i think the cheapest is the case that has the discs stacked, on one big hub. So to get to the bottom disc, you have to take all the others off the hub. No envelopes for the discs. I think SOAP, the complete collection came this way. But i didnt buy it.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
I guess this is a Mill Creek thing, they used the black sleeves on their Adventures Of Robin Hood Season 3 set. At least they are still using real photo artwork on the DVDs instead of going the Paramount silver route.

Mill Creek's pricing is usually so inexpensive that if using the sleeves helps keep their costs down and gets more shows out on real DVD, I'll put up with it.

I wish the Warner Archive would release their western and detective classics through Mill Creek.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Weird... some reason I was never notified that there was replies to this thread. neither in the e-mail or on my home page. I know I set it so that I was automatically subscribed to threads. Oh well.

Yes this set is from Mill Creek. And I already have a replacement case for it coming (needed a 4 disc case and I was out). But yes... the discs are fine.

That spindle case sounds terrible too!

I know what you mean about them keeping the cost down and keeping their sets so cheap. But could there really be that much of a difference in making this instead of making a 4 disc keep case or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks