What's new

Book of the Dead DTS w/out the Book (1 Viewer)

Martice

Screenwriter
I was in a local shop and I saw a copy of the Evil Dead. This one was a DTS remastered version but it didn't come with the book. Infact, it had a regular case. I would like to know if the disc is the same disc minus the collectors Book of the Dead cover?

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
The Book of the Dead version has at least 2 more extras. The excellent 26-minute Fanalysis documentary by Bruce Campbell. And the 13-minute retrospective of how the film was conceived and brought to screen.

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
Although I don't own both, I can't imagine the A/V being any different. Both were released by Anchor Bay on the same day in March 2002. The Book of the Dead was for the cultish fans and other geek types. :)

Jimmy M

Second Unit
I was at Blockbuster yesterday and they have a keep-case version of "Evil Dead" and the cover proclaims "contains over an hour of new material!". Looking at the back of the box, it lists DTS, Fanalysis, and the new documentary. In the lower corner, it stated "Contains material from Evil Dead Book of the Dead."

What's up with that?

Jimmy!

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
More than likely,

Acnhor Bay created a keepcase version of the Book of The Dead disc for rental only.

Enrique B Chamorro

Supporting Actor
You can download and print a jacket for a case

if you want to keep your Book of The Dead disc

in a plastic case. It is on the Anchor bay Site.

Note that the jacket on the site has the bar code

section blank, so you can't mistake it for a store

sold disc in a case.

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
You can download and print a jacket for a case

if you want to keep your Book of The Dead disc

in a plastic case. It is on the Anchor bay Site.
That's for the Special Edition. Not the Book of the Dead edition. It's an alternate cover art for the regular SE. There's keepcase art for the BotD at dvdcoverart.com.

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
[unlucky bastard]
I didn't get my BotD until today, because the shop didn't have any copies in stock...
[/unlucky bastard]
[just bastard]
... but I only paid the price of the regular edition for it! :D :D
[/just bastard]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks