Book Collection Manager

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Darren Lewis, Jan 14, 2003.

1. Darren Lewis

Darren Lewis Supporting Actor

I'm looking for a good prog to manage my collection of books. I was recommended Readerware but didn't like the interface or the prog itself.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Darren.

2. Jeff_A

Jeff_A Screenwriter

I haven't tried this particular program, but I did end up purchasing their MUSIC collector because it was everything I needed. Perhaps, it will work for you.
    www.collectorz.com/book/

3. Darren Lewis

Thanks. I've just installed Book Collector and it looks very good. The templates are a nightmare to edit though as I don't know a thing about XML/XSL.
    I've also installed Music Collector which again looks very good. Have you much experience with editing the templates?
    BTW, on a different note, I'm just about to start the Dark Tower series when the first one arrives from Amazon later this week. Is it any good? It's the group read on my site this month so I should read it [​IMG]

4. Jeff_A

Jeff_A Screenwriter

Darren, I haven't a clue when it comes to the XML/XSL language. [​IMG] While I am confident this program will end up being everything I need, this is an area that they will certainly need to improve on - ease of navigation for the novice.
    Regarding the Dark Tower series. . .
    You may find The Gunslinger to be a painfully slow start, but stick with it as it lays some important groundwork for the series. After that, I can only hope that you will find it as addicting as I did. Enjoy! [​IMG]

5. JohnE

JohnE Supporting Actor

Great question. I've been meaning to do something with my collection for years and just didn't know how to go about getting it organized. I think I'm close to 1000 books now. [​IMG] Anyway thanks for the link.

6. Darren Lewis

John, I've begun assembling some links here I'd be interested to know what you decide to go with.
    Some people think I'm obsessive wanting to organise my collections, but when you nearly start to buy something you already own and don't remember, you need something!

7. JohnE

JohnE Supporting Actor

Hey Darren, thanks for the links. I decided, after a couple of hours of fooling around to go with BookCat. I just liked the look and feel of it more. They all seemed pretty nice though. Anyway, now comes the extremely long process of organizing.>sigh