What's new

Boogie Night's Burt Reynold and George Lucas (1 Viewer)

Fred Bang

Stunt Coordinator
Hey is it me, or does Burt Reynolds in Boogie Nights seem like an homage to George Lucas? Same shirt, same hair, same beard... even the way they see their movies is the same (they see them as art, when it's only popcorn fun (of hardcore fun)).

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Ha ha ha! That's a good one! I love Boogie Nights and Star Wars but hadn't made that connection. But now that you mention it, they do look alike:
"Which is why I'll never shoot a Star Wars FILM on video tape...unless it's High Definition video..." :D

andreasingo

Stunt Coordinator
That was exactly what I was thinking when I saw the film!
Now we know where P.T.A's inspiration came from.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Reed Rothchild: Have you seen that Star Wars movie?
Eddie Adams: Yeah, I've seen it four times.
Reed Rothchild: You know, people tell me I kind of look like Han Solo.
:laugh:

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Don't forget that the stereo salesman in Boogie Nights is pushing the "TK-421" upgrade. In Star Wars that was the call number of the stormtroopers stationed outside the Millennium Falcon when it was in the Death Star.

"TK-421. Why aren't you at your post? TK-421, do you copy?"

Neil

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Oh yeah, I definitely caught all the SW references that were blatant (and yes, I'm a nerd because I recognized TK-421 w/o help from the commentary).

But I had just not put the likeness of Burt w/ George until Fred brought it up.

Larry Seno Jr.

Supporting Actor
Is there a likeness at all? I dont think so. George lucas is fat and looks like an elf. I thought Burt Reynolds looked like a stone pimp in that movie.

Steve Enemark

Second Unit
I agree with Larry, what resemblence? I can sort of see the beard and hair, but shirt? When has George Lucas ever been seen not wearing flannel plaid shirts?

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Two things about this thread. In Neil's picture above, Lucas may not be wearing a flannell shirt but I bet he is wearing flannel boxers. :)
The other thing about this thread. I find it funny that the person who started this thread has a name with "Bang" in it. :)
-Dean-

Fred Bang

Stunt Coordinator
Well, that's not my real name of course (long story) :D;)
As for the ressemblance, maybe the shirt is not one of the thing. It's been a long time since I've seen Boogie Nights. But the hair sure is.

Jeff Willy

Agent
Then there's the connection between the Skywalker Ranch and what could have been ranch dressing on a salad I may have seen in one of the scenes in Boogie Nights.
All the signs are there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks