What's new

Bonnie and Clyde 2 disc SE & UCE in March (1 Viewer)

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Warners have at last set a date for the release of their Bonnie and Clyde specials editions. In March it will be released both as a 2 disc SE and as one of Warners 'Ultimate Collectors Editions'.

DVD Times has the full details here.

Interesting paragraph at the end of that release:

The DVD release will be included in Warner Home Video’s 85th Anniversary Celebration. The details of this initiative will be announced in January and will introduce a number of branded collections throughout 2008 -- new-to-DVD, High Definition debuts and Ultimate Collector’s Editions. Additional information will be revealed soon.

Miguel M Santos

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Miguel M Santos

This may explain why so little was announced for the last quarter of 2007. They are saving everything for next year... :)

Simon Howson

Screenwriter

I think you are right. Last year they released Newman and Brando sets in December, then a Mitchum set in January of this year. In comparison the second half of this year has been pretty slow.

But if they make up for it next year then that's OK.

I wonder what the UCE version will include? If it is only a poster and other paper work then I don't think I'll bother.

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
All the details are in the link Simon:

The Bonnie and Clyde Ultimate Collector’s Edition will also contain collectible memorabilia, with a 36-page hardcover book of rare, behind-the-scenes photos, a 24-page reproduction of the original 1967 press book and special mail-in poster offer.

KellyVO

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kelly
I can't wait till January for all the news. I wonder whats in the coming months.

I finally saw this movie for the first time a month ago and I loved it. I can't wait to pick up this dvd.

Bruce Morrison

Supporting Actor
It's good news (and long-awaited), but I'm a little surprised there will be no commentary. Don't Warren Beatty or Faye Dunaway do commentaries? Anyway, it's still a definite buy for me. I would imagine 'Cool Hand Luke' and 'LA Confidential' will both figure in the January announcement. And it would be great if they are finally going to do 'Far From The Madding Crowd'!

BethHarrison

Second Unit
Real Name
Bethany Harrison
Aww January?? How is one supposed to wait that long?? ;)

I really hope Cool Hand Luke and LA Confidential gets the same treatment.

These would make the perfect birthday present for my dad.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'll probably bite on the UE for this, they're always so classy to not buy.

Richard Matich

Stunt Coordinator
Wow! Yes! I have waited 6 years for this title to be released this way. March 25th is still a ways off though. Lets hope LA Confidential get this treatment. Beatty is not a fan of DVD [or maybe just interviews for them] if you listened to his interview for the Reds DVD. I could be wrong but I don't think he likes dvd much.

Simon Howson

Screenwriter

I believe the original release of B&C was transfered from a print rather than an inter-positive. From memory it has visible reel change marks through out. But for all that it is a surprisingly good transfer, that will of course be blown away by the new one.

Digital film transfers have gone a long way in the last decade.

Dion C

Stunt Coordinator
I looked at the product photos from the DVDActive link, but am still a little confused.

Can anyone confirm if Warner will be releasing a high definition version of the ULTIMATE set that includes all the extra items that will be in the SD ultimate set?

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Yes, it looks to me that the hi-def set includes the book and everything.

I'm not sure which I'll go with. The box set looks really interesting... I'm sure I'll end up springing for the UE.

KellyVO

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kelly
I think I'm going to have to get the UE. It looks too good not to pass up!

Garysb

Senior HTF Member

As the Hi Def versions have a list price of $35 and the Ultimate Edition a list price of $40, I will be surprised if the Hi Def versions have everything the Ultimate Edition has. The Hi def has one book with the entire cast on cover but doesn't seem to have the hardcover color book with just Bonnie and Clyde shown on the post above.
The film is up for preorder at the Warner Bros Store. The Hi def versions are mistakenly shown with the existing old DVD release but they are indeed the new version.
http://whv.warnerbros.com/WHVPORTAL/...%20and%20Clyde
Blu-Ray:
http://whv.warnerbros.com/WHVPORTAL/....jsp?OID=31315
Hi Def:
http://whv.warnerbros.com/WHVPORTAL/....jsp?OID=31316

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks