What's new

Bones Season 7 (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
It was a downer to be sure, and this season's super villain simply hasn't connected with me as the ones in years past did. Maybe it's because the show was on and off the schedule all season, but overall this was not one of the show's more memorable seasons.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
MattH. said:
It was a downer to be sure, and this season's super villain simply hasn't connected with me as the ones in years past did. Maybe it's because the show was on and off the schedule all season, but overall this was not one of the show's more memorable seasons.
I guess I'll have to pay more attention to things, but I don't even recall a super-villain this season. I've missed a few episodes here and there so probably missed a major story line.. If you've got time, just a brief reminder will kick my brain back into overdrive.
Still don't think anybody could top the "Gravedigger". Excellent actress who played the part, especially in her last episode in the van with the psychiatrist, she really creeped me out. And all it was was dialogue, but the way she pulled it off was great. I'm still amazed at how they ended things with her, to this day probably the most violent scene I've ever seen on a network show.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
Stan said:
I guess I'll have to pay more attention to things, but I don't even recall a super-villain this season. I've missed a few episodes here and there so probably missed a major story line.. If you've got time, just a brief reminder will kick my brain back into overdrive.
Still don't think anybody could top the "Gravedigger". Excellent actress who played the part, especially in her last episode in the van with the psychiatrist, she really creeped me out. And all it was was dialogue, but the way she pulled it off was great. I'm still amazed at how they ended things with her, to this day probably the most violent scene I've ever seen on a network show.
For me it was Gormegon. I was disappointed when the Gravedigger was revealed to be a woman, as she didn't appear to have the required strength to pull off the abductions she did, nor did I find her to be creepy at all. Which is all the more disappointing, since the build up to the Gravedigger was pretty well done.
Overall the finale was good - once you get past the absurdness of how Pelant is able to put his machinations into motion, and non-buildup of Brennan's 'crazy smart' friend, it was a nicely suspenseful episode. Perhaps this storyline just suffered the shortened season; perhaps an episode to introduce her friend (I almost wonder if the part was originally written as Zach, but the writers/producers rethought it, not wanting to off a beloved character) and a little more about Pelant and it could have rescued a pretty flat season.....

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Stan /t/315957/bones-season-7#post_3925957

Pelant is whom I'm talking about. He was introduced earlier this season as someone with the smarts to test the gang, and the finale episode brought that out in spades. But I don't think the writers have given him the kind of support to make him a believable menace. How is he doing the things he's doing: getting into and out of car trunks and apartments? If he has a disciple assisting him, we haven't been made aware of that. It just doesn't have the same sense of satisfactory evil that other villains have had in the past.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Vaguely recall Pelant from an earlier episode. Hope they wind things up with him rather quickly like they did with the Howard Epps character. With Bones on the run, hard to see this plot carrying on for years like several other villains.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
So ... anyone digging the Bones on the run angle for their season ending cliffhanger? Not me.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
No, I'm not. I felt the Bones season finale was one of the weaker ones. I have no doubt things will be resolved soon upon the show's return in the fall, but I found it a very unsatisfying episode. Don't really care for storylines with uber-villains who seem to have supernatural powers that allow them to enter and leave cars, buildings, etc. without detection and to always be many steps ahead of some of the brightest minds in the world.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Not the greatest way to end a season, definitely took the easy way out. On the other hand, it gives the writers a couple months to fix things and get the story line back on track.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks