What's new

Bones season 3 thread (1 Viewer)

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member

Anyone and probably everyone who has seen the show from the start will say the same thing:

When the show began, it started off quite rocky, and even lost some viewers, only to come back to it and really enjoy it as time went on because they either read good things about it or listened to the people who stuck with it and said it was worth watching.

BONES is a fantastic show, but buyer beware: Season 1 is a 4-disc double-sided DVD set. Season 2 is a normal 6 single-sided disc set.

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
Last summer, we rented seasons 1 and 2 from Netflix and watched them 2-3 episodes a night until right up to the premiere of Season 3. While I had been a casual watcher, the wife and her sister had never seen the show, and quickly fell in love with it. There are some shows that we like where the chemistry of the characters feels like a big family (re:Bones, NCIS, Numb3rs) that keep us coming back every week.

Highlights from last night's show:
M.C. Gainey's lawyer
Booth making a pony
Sweets realizing that he was on the losing side of a fight with his girlfriend, yet trying to save face in front of Booth and Brennan.
The gratutious use of the word "anus" just because it made Booth uncomfortable.
Angela "pwning" Booth with her knowledge of motoracing....

Chris

Senior HTF Member
The lawyer was great, but I loved it when it was obvious Sweets was on the clearly losing end of an argument in front of others. :)

But I also loved the aside of Bones getting the report in front of her:

"we have the sex of the.."

This show still has some of the best chemistry of anything on TV.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The scientific interpretation of "choking up" by Bones and Zach was hilarious to me.

Loved Booth's clay pony.

Michael:M

Supporting Actor
I'm slowly catching up via reruns on TNT - and I'm probably going to end up buying the season sets on DVD.

Caught only a little bit of last night's episode, but the counseling session and subsequent time at the pottery place was priceless.

Was that Cole Hauser playing the motocross racer's dad? And Sweet's girlfriend looked really familiar, too. Off to IMDB...

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I think one of the biggest improvements in this show since it started was the slight change they made in Temperance. In the first season, she was so utterly, completely clueless about social and topical things that she was an unbelievable character. They have slowly made her a little less clueless (still not normal) but at least she is now in the realm of possibility.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member

Senta Moses, who I remember from "My So-Called Life".

She looks about the same, long wavy hair and all, only quite thinner in this episode of BONES compared to back then.

Michael:M

Supporting Actor
Took the plunge and ordered season one from Amazon. Local place had it second hand for $30, but I figured the $10 more on Amazon was worth the piece of mind of knowing I won't discover a scratched disc weeks after it's too late to return the set.

Will be ordering second and third season, once I'm done (and third is available). :)

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
Anyone else notice that next week's episode is the 'lost' episode from season 2; the one dealing with a college basketball star who was murdered? (removed from last season's lineup due to the Virginia Tech shootings)

It's also the episode where Hodgins first proposed to Angela. It'll be interesting to see them remove that portion. I can't remember, but it may also be during the time when Brennan was going out with the other FBI agent, so they may actually have quite a bit to replace.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Which is such a stupid thing to do. They should have kept it as season 2 episode, making it an unaired DVD exclusive.

Instead FOX decided to postpone it, which meant spending who knows how much money and time on rewrites and reshoots. Continuity will be a minor issue with everyone sporting different hairstyles now, making any new scenes stick out a bit.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Or they could just write and shoot a new two-minute teaser and a 30 second tag set in the present day to provide a "frame" for a main story told in flashback - thereby elminating any and all continuity issues. ;)

Regards,

Joe

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
The subplot with Brennan and Sully was over by mid-March, so I think the only part that has to be redone is Hodgins and Angela.

Except Hodgins hair is different.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Picked up the Bones Season One set today. Just finished watching the Pilot. I've now only seen the Pilot and the most recent episode which aired last week. Interesting contrast.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Or they could just ignore the whole thing. This is the first new episode to air in awhile, and it is running at the tale end of a strig of reruns from this and from past seasons. What's one more "old' episode? :)

Regards,

Joe

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Are you on the west coast?

It aired and the only possible change looked to be scenes between Cam and Angela. They made no mention of any wedding, it all sounded as though it never took place. New scenes? Couldn't tell.

Even the credits were from season 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks