What's new

Bones season 3 thread (1 Viewer)

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
This show has had many great episodes but I think last nights was the best yet. And yes the Wonder Woman costume was the pièce de résistance.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I surprised that she wore for a large chunk of the episode. I was even more surprised that is was so... jiggly.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Wow, just wow. Wonder Woman, Cat Woman, and Cher -- I've been in a lot of science Labs in my life, but this Trio is special.

The spin she did toward the end was just hysterica -- i could just hear Linda's theme music blasting in the background. Who needs a Magic Lasso to force the bad Guy to tell the truth.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The WW spin is why I like the Brennan character. She's so serious 98% of the time, but she's got a silly side that pops out in the most unexpected ways.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

That was a wonderful moment, especially because it was so clearly something she did spontaneously and just for herself. She wasn't showing off or sharing a joke with Booth - he had his back to her. She just thought it was cool and liked doing it.

Actually, the whole WW thing showed an adorably geeky side to Temperance. (Comic book geeky, rather than the usual science geeky.) That she wears that costume every year, knows all of the character's powers and mythology and was very seriously miffed that anyone might think Catwoman was even in her league is all just too cute for words. (As was Emily in that costume. ;))

Regards,

Joe

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, that's what I really liked. It sort of doesn't fit with how oblivious she usually is to pop culture, but it's a fun little inconsistency to her character. The obvious route for the episode would be to have her going on about the history of Halloween, pagan rituals, why we like to be scared... But instead, she just likes dressing up for the holiday.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

I think Wonder Woman is a piece of her childhood that she's hung onto. She wasn't always a science geek, and probably read the comic books when she was a kid. Although she clearly also watched the TV series, that was probably one of the few shows she bothered with even at that age. Now if only Angela had taken She-Hulk as a role model when she was a little girl. ;)

Regards,

Joe

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
My wife and I just love this show. We watched a CSI NY, and realized that Bones is a lot more fun to watch than all of the CSI shows.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Bones is fun. We just finished watching L&O:CI (which, this week was an exact copy of a recent CSI:NY in regards to scuba & murder) and the thing is, Bones, with it's tongue-in-cheek as well as general good fun with the audience just makes it a blast to watch. I really enjoy the show, and I'm surprised at how well I really like the supporting cast. And some of the dialog this week in the subplots was -classic- stuff.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
This show has such great chemistry between the actors. It's just fun to watch, it gets the neat science stuff thrown in there, yeah, but it's also in large part about how well the actors play off each other and how much fun the whole set is. I really enjoyed tonights ep. And, after that little drop from the roof, I realized that whoever came up with "Squint" it's just a blast when it comes up :)

Michael:M

Supporting Actor
I'm slowly getting hooked on this show; I switch back and forth between it and Beauty and the Geek. Love the interaction between Brennan and Booth, and the WW costume was aces.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Another really solid episode. I did love the play between characters and the santas all singing at the end was great.

But this show is really built on how much the audience cares for the characters, and all of them have really taken root as characters you can root for. The writing on this show is fun, light, and interesting.

While "Dexter" remains my favorite show on TV, Tuesday night on Fox is really strong with "Bones" and "House" making a great pair of shows which are really great character studies.

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
Our absolute favorite show on television right now. Bar none. We love the characters. Last night's Santa plot was an hoot, and the whole subplot of Tempie's family getting together for Christmas, plus Booth's contribution to the gathering, brought genuine tears to our eyes last night. That cast has more chemistry than any show I can think of. Even Sweets is growing on us.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I lost it when all the Santa's started singing 'Santa Claus Is Coming To Town' at the murderer after he was caught lol. :laugh:

Sort a sad episode, I actually started to feel like they did indeed find the real Santa rotting away in a storm drain, made me sad a little.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I think they jumped tracks. I think there are 3 or 4 more "Bones" left in the can, but Fox wanted to perserve those until next year; so they ran this one now, and are holding those until next year.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
They probably wanted to get "The Kiss", which has created a fair amount of internet buzz, in before the end of the November sweeps. That's a move that might have been planned anyway, since so many shows go into reruns in the trough between Thanksgiving and Christmas in a normal season, so the episode order may not even have been affected.

Regards,

Joe

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I watched Bones for the first time tonight. Seems like a great show. I like the chemistry between all the cast.

Are the first two seasons good? Worth getting on DVD and watching?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks