What's new

Bones Season 3 Disc Issues (1 Viewer)

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Anyone having problems with Disc 1 of the Bones: Season 3 set? When I put Disc 1 in any of my players, the disc plays, but the player makes loud vibrating sound the whole time. You can actually feel the unit vibrate. It's like the disc is unbalanced if that makes any sense. Strangely, the video looks and sounds absolutely fine-- it just makes the player sound like it's going to vibrate to death. I put any of the other discs in the set in my players and they play flawlessly without the vibration.

Just wondering if this is an isolated incident or if others are having the problem.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan

How do you arrive at that conclusion since it is ONLY the one disc. No other disc does this and it does it on EVERY player. To me, that doesn't indicate a hardware issue.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Mark,

Maybe I'm not explaining well. All my players are quiet when reading discs. When I put this one disc in, SOMETHING (whether it's the disc or the drive working extra hard to read the disc) inside the drive makes significantly more noise and I can feel that noise when I put my hand on the player. It's not like the player is shaking off the shelf. But the noise the disc makes is enough to feel the sound vibrations. Yet strangely, the disc plays and sounds fine.

I appreciate your input about it being a hardware issue, but if you really think it's a hardware issue please answer this:

How do you explain that ONLY THIS ONE disc makes EVERY dvd player in my house noisey and you can feel a vibration if you lay your hand on the player? It does this with my Toshiba A3, Sony Blu-ray S350, Sony DVD player, Sony recordable DVD player, three desktop DVD drives, and on my laptop. Yet NO OTHER DISC makes any of these players exhibit this noisey behavior.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Sounds to me like the disc is a bit uneven on the surface to be honest. I had a case like this as well a while ago, a new disc fixed the problem.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I did return the disc today and no problems at all with the new disc. Strange.

I kind of thought the same thing, but didn't know if that made any sense. The sound the players made with the disc gave an impression of an unbalanced disc. But again, I don't know if that's really possible considering the disc played. I suppose it could be a nearly imperceptible defect. Anyway, before I returned the set, I set the problem disc on a flat surface and there was an ever so slight unevenness to how it layed. I don't know if that was it or not, but swapping sets did fix the problem.

Edit: Spelling

glam0uriss17

Auditioning
Real Name
Carissa
i have the same problem! and i noticed that the disc's edge wasn't smooth so i brought it back and switched it with another CD but have the same problem! i don't know what it is and it's driving me nuts!! please help

Real Name
Tom
I had similar problem with another disc a few weeks ago... can't remember the name now. However, after a while it sorted itself out.

Strange, but at least you've got yours sorted!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks