What's new

Bones ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member

Or afraid that Bones would kick the perv's ass.

I thought this week's episode was clicking pretty well, Hodgins is a riot with his unbridled enthusiasm for all things pirates.

Had to laugh when Bones discredited the rich guy by slapping him not once but twice, and left the rich guy no outs to sue her for assault (bad P.R., vanity).

Bones may not be up with current events, but she know a whole lot more than the average anthropologist when it comes to past cultures and civilizations. No doubt she knows people, motivations, etc. The more useful stuff to write books, even though her aversion to psychology appears to be waning as she hangs with Booth to catch bad guys.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Line of the week: "You know I don't work with skin."

All I could think of was Bill Murray in Ghostbusters when Sigourney Weaver tells him nothing ever happened in her bedroom: "What a crime." :D

Regards,

Joe

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
was that season finale? i thought the last ep was supposed to deal with her parents or somn.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The last episode was #18, so we have 4 more episode to go (typically shows end their season in May due to Sweeps rating-fest).

And let's not be too carefree with spoilers of events to come, use spoiler-text.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
22 to 24 has been typical for the past several years for the major broadcast networks, down from 26 in the 60s and 70s. Cable originals tend to run more series with shorter "seasons" of 13 or so episodes, and sometimes even spilt these up into two mini "seasons".

Regards,

Joe

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
I wasn't trying to discuss either Buffy of Angel, I was only mentioning the more-than-coincidental guest appearances. The fact that it seems to happen every episode is too strange to be random.

As for that spoiler, I think it would have been more interesting if
as shown in the original screening pilot, Booth knew what happened to Brennan's parents, but withheld that from her all this time.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This show continues to entertain me. Nice to see Colby Donaldson get about 4 minutes of screentime before becoming a murder victim. The relationship between Seely and Bones contines to flourish in that quasi-professional/personal way, but Seely is married, isn't he? Loved Hodgins pretending to want to strangle Zach.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
do you tink hodge and the artist chic will hook up? interesting interaction they had.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member

Which was undercut with his restating of his job - all bugs and slime...how poignant ;)

Boreanaz was on the Ellen Show this morning to promote Bones, but after starting way off-topic, he then suddenly exclaimed something like, 'so Bones is on Wednesday nights at 8 on FOX, which is why I came on this show but now we've run out of time to talk about it...'

Funny stuff, when he said it.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
4/26/06

For a show that deals with mainly bones, it's pretty interesting to see how much heart reveals itself through the cast of characters. While the whodunit for this episode was decent enough, gotta like how Angela was able to transport a dying girl's dream to see something she'd never see otherwise with her simulation skills to bring the Louvre. You just never know what locale this show will be at from week to week.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
took the words out of my mouth patrick =). it does have a lot of heart, that's why i love the show.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Angela can have my heart :)

I agree that the show is more than bones. I am glad the supporting cast is so strong. I really don't like the main charactor as much as all the others. Maybe it is because she has the least amount of heart. Or at least, shows the lesat amount of it.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
People seemed to eager to dismiss this as another CSI clone, when this clearly isn't the case at all - it's almost like a 'Star Trek' type of situation where the characters use a lot of technical terms and gadgets that in all honesty go right over my head, but then accessible, understandable character moments shine through, de-emphasizing that scientific aspect.

This episode did have yet another guest from you-know-what, but since some here seem to find my harmless trivia annoying....

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Great Epi indeed, felt bad for the dying girl. Just wondering how long they will make us wonder when Booth will slip Bones his, uh....

You know, sooner or later, a love romance is what they are setting us up for? IMHO.

BUT, isn't this show based on real charters, somewhat....?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks