What's new

Bones ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
It won its timeslot, albeit with no real major network competition. We'll see how it does over the next few weeks.

Regards,

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I was wondering how fans of the books and the real person would be taking the show. I didn't figure it would be positive.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Eh. I'll try and continue to watch generally because I want to see the Buffy/Angel actors employed regularly. :) It was okay. I wasn't a big fan of all the holograms, etc. Just a bit too out there and too much science fiction.

Am I the only one thinking character arc? Well...if there are enough episodes to have one. :D

Anyone know how the ratings went?

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
OK. Just checked and it looks like the ratings were pretty good (10 million viewers) according to Zap2it. Hopefully the show gets better and the audience sticks.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I will be giving it a few more weeks. I am going to be watching House anyway, so might as well watch this one first.

But since this if FOX, it probably won't be given more than 4 weeks before it will get the ax.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I wasn't crazy about the chemistry between Boreanaz and Deschanel. I'm neutral for now, but it didn't excite me and leaving me looking forward to the next episode.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I enjoyed it. Loved the character of Dr. Brennan! :emoji_thumbsup: It seemed refreshing for a character to just shoot someone in the leg to stop them instead of thrashing around. No fuss, no muss. I watched the premiere with my parents and they said they enjoyed it as well, though my Dad took some time warming to the kick-ass Dr. I had trouble adjusting to Boreanaz as anything but Angel, especially since I've been watching S2 on TNT lately. The Booth character is going to take some getting used to.

Since the only thing I watch at 7 on Tuesday is NCIS, this one is getting a season pass.

I was so much more annoyed by the constant use of the word 'squint.' It was nails on a chalkboard.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
It seems alot of us are missing Angel... LOL.. I know I am.... I was waiting for him to say: "Does anybody see the fire I am NOT on"....LOL...

I will give it another try too... Others have mentioned pretty much what I didn't like about the show... The main character needs to loosen up or this show will tank and rather fast....

R~

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

They should have Gary Coleman guest star.

"What 'chu talkin' 'bout, Bones?"

"I don't know what that means."

"That's what I just said."

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
"I hate psychology"
"I don't know what that means."
"Sqint(s)"

I think they are trying way to hard for a catch phrase... Dramatic television doesn't need one.
Emily is no Zooey, Zooey is cute and talented, Emily is cute and cold. She showed virtually no emotion, and she was like that in Spider-man 2. Maybe she's jealous of her sister. Though I'm glad Zooey isn't the lead, I don't think she could be that cold.
I tried watching the show, I really did, I kept saying to myself, it's David Boreanaz, he's cool, he was in Buffy and Angel. While David is a good actor, I think it hit me while watching this show, just how good, Joss, Tim, Marti, Jane, Doug, and the rest of the Mutant Enemy writers were.
I'm sure the books are great, and maybe I should've started off with them, but I don't know, probably either way I wouldn't like this show. And I really wanted to, really, really, wanted to.

I didn't finish the episode but a friend told me at the end that: (I don't know how many people have watched the show or heard about it so I'll put this in a spoiler tag)

David's character was trying to avenge the deaths of the people he shot while he was in the military. The poor man just can't escape Angel.

Maybe I'll finish the episode sometime but meh.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Well, in all fairness I think her five-minute scene required her to be a cold-hearted bitch.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Plus Temperance isn't as much "cold" but is more "clinical", which gives off the "cold" vibe. Glad we know she's good in the sack, though...

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
A big "meh" from me as well. I agree with most of the criticisms above. I'm surprised no one has mentioned the lame supporting cast. What a bunch of unlikeable cliches. I knew we were in trouble when the girl sidekick ripped open her blouse for the airline ticket counter guy not 30 seconds into the teaser. :rolleyes:Yeah, that's realistic...

I also have to note that Boreanez is playing a character with pretty much the same basic motivation as Angel - was a killer (vampire/sniper) in the past, has a major life change (gets a soul/leaves the army and becomes an FBI agent), and now he wants to atone (help the helpless/catch murderers). This just invites comparisons with "Angel", and that's not good for "Bones".

It may get one more watch from me, but unless there's some major improvement, I'm outta here. Herc at AICN says this is the best new show of the year; if that's true, this will be the suckiest fall in some time. :frowning:

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H

From what I can tell...it is.

Though, there is a mid-season replacement about Delta Force that looks really good. Hope is on the way.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

I had the totally opposite reaction: I thought the reconstruction Asian gal pal was the best part of the show. Her scene at the beginning totally rocked (though, one wonders where the heck she went to when Seeley picked Temp up... wasn't that the gal pal's job?)

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
GOod thing I missed the first five minutes then!

And yes, I thought the supporting characters were terrible too. :)

Also, I wasn't aware that that was Emily in Spider-Man 2!

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I wasn't expecting much so it was better than I thought it would be. Since I have never watched an episode of CSI and have found Crossing Jordan to go downhill, Bones maybe the only forensics show I'll watch this season).

(And let me chime in and say Zooey is so much hotter than her sister...and a better actress).

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member

John, a Titanic fan and an ANGEL fan?

Awesome! :emoji_thumbsup: Of course while you have me beat on the subject of all things Titanic, I wouldn't be so sure about ANGEL... ;)

Boreanaz is the only reason I will be watching this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks