What's new

Directors Bond Films...Best 3, Worst 3 (1 Viewer)

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Here is my take Ernest (but I’d drop Jack a PM to get the real answer):

A question that asks for favorites is a poll (this would include your desert island type questions). For example, “What are the 10 best Westerns?”, or “Who are your five favorite directors?”

A question that asks for movie recommendations goes into the ‘movie’ area. For example, “I just saw High Noon and really liked it—will someone recommend some similar movies?”

Questions about specific DVDs go in the ‘software’ area.

Of course the difference between the first two question types is often subtle and perhaps the moderator’s decision on the day might be arbitrary, but why would you (or anyone) care?

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Right on the head Gary!! That's exactly my point too!

Not if that tongue is so irritatingly visible inside that cheek, constantly. "Is that your tongue mr. Moore, or are you just pleased to see me?".

"You sir, yes you, who's so naughtily looking at a lady's bottom, one eyebrow superhighly raised, what's your name please?". "Benny, Benny Hill. Uhm, I mean...".

Cees

Reagan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reagan
My Favorite Three

1. Goldfinger - it's all been said before
2. From Russia with Love (almost a tie for first)
3. On Her Majesty's Secret Service (maybe the most atmospheric Bond movie. If only Lazenby had been 10 years older...)

You didn't ask for it, but here's #4 and 5:
4. The World Is Not Enough - aside from Denise Richards, this one has it all for me. Also I love the way Pierce plays it. He's what I call a "Planet Person" which means that there is not another person on the planet who can do it as well as he can right now.
5. Thunderball

My Least Favorite Three
I'm not going there.

Most Schizophrenic Bond Movie
Die Another Day - the first hour was an A+, the second hour an F. I can't believe that someone thought that a CG para-surfing scene would be a good idea.

-Reagan

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
I fail to see the difference between "Best Ninja Movies" and "Best Bond Movies". Arbitrary is right. Why do I care? Because I'd never waste my time creating a thread in polls.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Ernest, please. This is, despite all you say, a poll. Hence, it's here in the Polls area. Any further questions, query me privately -- but no more posting about this in other threads.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
Best: FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE, ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE, GOLDFINGER

Worst: TOMORROW NEVER DIES, A VIEW TO A KILL, SPY WHO LOVED ME (I know most people love it)

That said, I think they are all entertaining movies. TOMORROW is the only one I think is really below par.

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
Bottom 3:

Moonraker - So, so embarrassing for everybody involved. Jaws' love story at the end made me want to purge it from my brain forever.

View to a Kill - Cool theme song, and I actually enjoy watching Walken in it. I nearly ga-vomited ("I'm gagging and vomiting at the same time!") though, when Bond bedded Grace Jones. Eww. Ick.

Dr. No - Yeah, it was the first one, but man, it's soooooo slow and boring. Wasn't there some kind of dragon tank? Yeah.

Top 3:

Goldeneye - I can watch this one over and over. Awesome opening sequence (dam bungee, base infiltration, shootout, runaway plane, motorcycle action, base explosion), cool villians, awesome choice of locale for the climax (It's fun to pretend that Jodie Foster's character from Contact took over the base afterwards) and the tank chase through Moscow is just so much fun.

From Russia With Love - It's just solid through and through. The train fight is justifiably famous.

Tomorrow Never Dies - Again, to me, it's just more re-watchable than the others. Michelle Yoeh == badass. And I'm a huge Jonathan Pryce fan. Death by 2 ton drill! Yay!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks