What's new

Bond Discs Re-released? (1 Viewer)

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Just saw this on the Future Shop website:
Link Removed
Is this just a repackaging (and repricing) of the old discs? Certainly a LOT cheaper than before. I think that they were around $30/title before, but this puts them down to about 16.50.

Dan Lindley

Second Unit
Altho some of us got some OK coupons during the waning days of that empire... I think I got most or all of my Bond sets from Buy.com at quite decent prices.

I'm glad I've had this time to enjoy them, but for newcomers a good question might be: are some of the subtitle and other (for me) minor issues with the old discs fixed. There were maybe 3 discs that had problems as I recall from the old sets. I don't recall the exact issues but there were several threads that examined the problems and also said how to contact MGM for fixes. I suspect the new discs must contain the fixes, but the above reply implies not.

Dan

IanS

Stunt Coordinator
"On Her Majesty's Secret Service" is missing some footage I believe. "License to Kill" has sound problems of some kind.
And The "Living Daylights" in missing subtitles in certain areas.

Ian

John_W_Jr

Stunt Coordinator
I pity the poor souls who were paying $40 and up for "Goldeneye" on e-bay. Sure glad I waited!

Marc Carra

Supporting Actor
I sold all my Bond DVDs for about $50each Canadian, on Ebay a while back. I knew full well that they would eventually be re-released for about $15 each. Oh, the joys of DVD!

Marc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks