Bond Box Sets 2 & 3 Coming When?-

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Spero D, Mar 24, 2003.

1. Spero D

Spero D Second Unit

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

When will sets 2 & 3 come out? And can I assume they will contain all the fixed DVDs?

Spero D.

2. Eric Emma

Eric Emma Supporting Actor

I think they've been released, MGM kind of switches them from time to time, one in print and two out of print...

3. Bill GrandPre

Bill GrandPre Cinematographer

It looks like those Box Sets break down like this:

Volume 2:

A View To A Kill
    Die Another Day
    Moonraker
    Octopussy
    On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    The Living Daylights
    The World Is Not Enough

Volume 3:

Diamonds Are Forever
    For Your Eyes Only
    From Russia With Love
    Live And Let Die
    Thunderball
    You Only Live Twice

The selections of those sets are odd. According to those pics, Volume 2 features 1 Lazenby film, 3 Moore films, 1 Dalton film and 2 Brosnan films. Volume 3 features 4 Connery films and two Moore films. I expected a lot more variety, as Volume 1 featured two Connery films, two Moore films, 1 Dalton film and 2 Brosnan films, which is a pretty good representation of the Bond series.

4. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland
    Yes, but when? The last one came out in October, right? Its about time for the rest. I put off buying the original sets since they were so expensive, but now that they are being repriced, I can't wait to own them.

5. JonBoriss

JonBoriss Stunt Coordinator

Well since Die Another Day is in the 2nd box I would assume that it will come out to coinciced with DAD (which is in May or June I think)

6. Yumbo

Yumbo Cinematographer

does anyone know whether the DAD and Vol. 2 set will be released simultaneously or staggered?

7. Lyle_JP

Lyle_JP Screenwriter

I don't know if you can go by these pictures. After all, they appear to show The Living Daylights in sets one and two and Licence to Kill nowhere!

Also, I hope that spine color of Die Another Day is just one of those cardboard or plastic slipcovers, otherwise it will not look like it belongs in the rest of the collection.

-Lyle J.P.

8. Derek Faber

Derek Faber Stunt Coordinator

I noticed that too, but I'm guessing that Licence to Kill is supposed to be there. The second box kinda sucks as there is not one Connery Bond there. WTF?

Four Connery Bonds in the last box? Ugh, what poor planning.

Of course I'm two Connnery Bonds from what I want, and they're in the last box, again.

9. Bill GrandPre

Bill GrandPre Cinematographer

"The Living Daylights" is pictured in the "Volume 1" box but as we all know it wasn't in the final version. As we all know, the final version features "Dr. No", "Goldfinger", "The Man With The Golden Gun", "The Spy Who Loved Me", "Licence To Kill", "GoldenEye" and "Tomorrow Never Dies". There were some legalities between Danjaq and MGM over the DVD rights to "The Living Daylights" that were grossly exaggerated. The word was that the Sam Neill screen test on the disc caused a recall, when it fact it was a licensing oversight that was corrected and shouldn't effect future sets. That could have accounted for the switch from "The Living Daylights" to "Licence To Kill" in the first box. In any case, the selection of titles now available in the "Volume 1" box doesn't contradict what's pictured for "Volume 2" and "Volume 3", although I'd say the whole selection of titles is tentative and could change.