What's new

Bond Box Sets 2 & 3 Coming When?- (1 Viewer)

Spero D

Second Unit

When will sets 2 & 3 come out? And can I assume they will contain all the fixed DVDs?

Spero D.

Eric Emma

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Eric H. Emma
I think they've been released, MGM kind of switches them from time to time, one in print and two out of print...

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
It looks like those Box Sets break down like this:

Volume 2:

A View To A Kill
Die Another Day
Moonraker
Octopussy
On Her Majesty's Secret Service
The Living Daylights
The World Is Not Enough

Volume 3:

Diamonds Are Forever
For Your Eyes Only
From Russia With Love
Live And Let Die
Thunderball
You Only Live Twice

The selections of those sets are odd. According to those pics, Volume 2 features 1 Lazenby film, 3 Moore films, 1 Dalton film and 2 Brosnan films. Volume 3 features 4 Connery films and two Moore films. I expected a lot more variety, as Volume 1 featured two Connery films, two Moore films, 1 Dalton film and 2 Brosnan films, which is a pretty good representation of the Bond series.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Yes, but when? The last one came out in October, right? Its about time for the rest. I put off buying the original sets since they were so expensive, but now that they are being repriced, I can't wait to own them.

JonBoriss

Stunt Coordinator
Well since Die Another Day is in the 2nd box I would assume that it will come out to coinciced with DAD (which is in May or June I think)

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
does anyone know whether the DAD and Vol. 2 set will be released simultaneously or staggered?

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
I don't know if you can go by these pictures. After all, they appear to show The Living Daylights in sets one and two and Licence to Kill nowhere!

Also, I hope that spine color of Die Another Day is just one of those cardboard or plastic slipcovers, otherwise it will not look like it belongs in the rest of the collection.

-Lyle J.P.

Derek Faber

Stunt Coordinator
I noticed that too, but I'm guessing that Licence to Kill is supposed to be there. The second box kinda sucks as there is not one Connery Bond there. WTF?

Four Connery Bonds in the last box? Ugh, what poor planning.

Of course I'm two Connnery Bonds from what I want, and they're in the last box, again.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
"The Living Daylights" is pictured in the "Volume 1" box but as we all know it wasn't in the final version. As we all know, the final version features "Dr. No", "Goldfinger", "The Man With The Golden Gun", "The Spy Who Loved Me", "Licence To Kill", "GoldenEye" and "Tomorrow Never Dies". There were some legalities between Danjaq and MGM over the DVD rights to "The Living Daylights" that were grossly exaggerated. The word was that the Sam Neill screen test on the disc caused a recall, when it fact it was a licensing oversight that was corrected and shouldn't effect future sets. That could have accounted for the switch from "The Living Daylights" to "Licence To Kill" in the first box. In any case, the selection of titles now available in the "Volume 1" box doesn't contradict what's pictured for "Volume 2" and "Volume 3", although I'd say the whole selection of titles is tentative and could change.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks