What's new

Bond 26 (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
He hasn’t been mentioned lately, but Richard Madden seems like a classic James Bond type.
I'd agree if they decide to go the traditional casting route:

1663789501386.png

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
True, but do we know if they are looking for a 'classic James Bond type', or a reboot the likes of which we haven't seen before?
They haven’t really said, although there’s been no end of speculation that they want someone less traditional.

My choice would’ve been someone like Tom Hiddleston who could bring an element of humor while also keeping the menace. But I think they want someone younger.

Indy Guy

Premium
Real Name
Tony Baxter
C'mon, people, there's only one man who's perfect for Bond. Right age, British, suave, can handle a wisecrack as well as a weapon. If the Broccolis are smart they'll get this guy.

View attachment 143454

Tom Ellis.
I wasn't interested in watching "Lucifer" because of what I thought it was about. I was wrong! Lucifer is one of the most original series concepts in recent memory.
The cinematography, writing and dialogue delivery is fresh and inventive. LA never looks this good! More importantly, lead Tom Ellis is not only the perfect persona for the devil trying his best to reform, but in almost every scene evokes what a great James Bond should be...suave, wonderfully humorous, deadly serious and a standout when in the romance department.
That describes the makings of the traditional Bond, and in my book Ellis could make a near perfect one!
Thanks for alerting me to the fantastic series "Lucifer" and to the acting chops of this no nonsense devilish Brit!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221026-115939~2.png
    Screenshot_20221026-115939~2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 26

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Agreed Ellis would be another good choice, but he'll be pushing 50 by the time this gets off the ground (43 now). Though he could definitely play younger than his age. He appears to have very good genes. ;)

1666813661317.png

But if they're looking for someone younger, he might be out.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
The most recent thing I saw on the Bond thing was they claim they are coming up with a story or stories first before casting whomever will play Bond. Which is an interesting approach. They do say they are going to reinvent the whole thing so, I assume the new Bond will differ quite a bit from any previous Bond.

I do think if you have a good story that will help whomever the new Bond is. If the story stinks the film will probably stink and that will lead to failure. They claim to be casting a wide net in terms of who the new Bond will be and that a female Bond is still in play, depending upon what story they come up with for the reinvention. I think they have a list of like 30 people they are considering for Bond but won't start narrowing that down until they know what this reinvention will be.

My feeling was they must be reaching out to actors because being Bond is such a large commitment. So, you have to let people ponder this stuff and maybe that is why they are trying to come up with a story first, because the actors want to know what the story will be before they commit.

As far as I know only one guy has been lobbying for the part, Tom Holland, who seems to really want it. To me, he does not look the part because he looks like a kid and not a guy you would send out to battle bad guys.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
So much for "reinventing" the character. If true, it would seem to be just more of the same, though slightly younger.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I liked him in Bullet Train, a fun action flick, and he definitely has the ability to do charming thug, which is how I think of Bond. I know not everybody thinks of Bond that way, but I think that is the character. The only other picture I have seen him in was Nocturnal Animals, but I can't really recall his performance there. I will have to refresh my memory on that one.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Interesting choice, if true. I still would’ve preferred Tom Hiddleston, who could’ve brought menace and humor, but so be it.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
That would be so bad! No one is more dull (not doll!) than Aaron Taylor-Johnson.

Last edited:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

James Bond Books Rewritten To Avoid Offense To Modern Audiences​

Putting aside larger issues like censorship or smaller issues like how literally no one wants or asked for this, who is reading 60-some year old spy books that can't properly handle or understand the context of when the book was written and the prejudices of the time? It's not like Dr. No or Octopussy is part of a high school curriculum and some kid will unsuspectingly come upon a horrible slur.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Putting aside larger issues like censorship or smaller issues like how literally no one wants or asked for this, who is reading 60-some year old spy books that can't properly handle or understand the context of when the book was written and the prejudices of the time? It's not like Dr. No or Octopussy is part of a high school curriculum and some kid will unsuspectingly come upon a horrible slur.

Well, we live in a time of major league stupid, where offending someone is considered some horrible thing rather than just a normal part of life. It used to be that offending someone was part of entertainment. If you offend them, this sticks with them, they think about it and maybe get a laugh or a new perspective.

Now...well...offending someone is like a crime...because...well...stupid rules.

There are going to be a lot of books and writing to edit, movies to edit, history books to edit. They've got their work cut out for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks