What's new

Which studio/company do you want to co-finance and distribute Bond 25?

• Warner Bros.

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • Sony Pictures

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • 20th Century Fox

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Universal Pictures

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Annapurna Pictures

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Apple

• Amazon

• Total voters

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I saw Cary stayed the film is done and that there will be no more changes.

Is there any changes being made from test screenings? Some rumor talk states that the film has problems with 007 kind of being a joke this time?

I’m skeptical of that report and source.
Just curious if anyone knew / heard differently than what Cary reported.

the official reports for the delay due to virus conditions makes sense to me.

Last edited:

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I saw Cary stayed the film is done and that there will be no more changes.

Is there any changes being made from test screenings? Some rumor talk states that the film has problems with 007 kind of being a joke this time?

I’m skeptical of that report and source.
Just curious if anyone knew / heard differently than what Cary reported.

the official reports for the delay due to virus conditions makes sense to me.

Well, everything is delayed due to Corona virus so this film certainly was. I doubt they are doing shooting anything during this period of time.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Well, everything is delayed due to Corona virus so this film certainly was. I doubt they are doing shooting anything during this period of time.

agreed.

these questionable sources stated that the test screenings led to the delay and the virus may have been an excuse at the time to cover it.

I think it’s all false. It doesn’t make sense that they are trying to run 007 into the ground on the film.

I think the film will be right in line with what we have been seeing with the Craig era films.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
New trailer Thursday. Looks like they're keeping to November...

7F9BD3D3-D899-41FF-B2AB-EA7857446F96.jpeg

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
We'll see. At this point, it's impossible to know what the situation will be come November.

It should be noted that the Universal logo makes me think that's an international poster where things are running much more smoothly...

I've already made the decision that I will be waiting to watch this one at home. Seeing it a week before Thanksgiving where I will be seeing my relatives, many of whom are over 70? I just can't do that.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I've already made the decision that I will be waiting to watch this one at home. Seeing it a week before Thanksgiving where I will be seeing my relatives, many of whom are over 70? I just can't do that.
We need more of you and your attitude. :thumbsup:

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
I'm sure it'll still be playing after Thanksgiving.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Because Bond is really MGM's only major tentpole asset, it would surprise me if they release this before a vaccine is out. If something like Tenet underperforms for WB, they've still got Wonder Woman in their back pocket. If this film underperforms for MGM, they're screwed. Remember, they were also the first movie to move release dates because of the coronavirus, even before anyone knew that theaters in the United States were going to have to close. So, if they are in a position where they can hold it, I would. But certainly putting out a new trailer right now suggests their intention at the moment is to keep the current release date.

This is yet another movie that I would absolutely see as soon as possible if it were released after an effective vaccine is available, but which I will have to pass on in the interim.

I hate this, but there is just no way I am going to feel safe attending a movie until after there is a vaccine.

Oh well.

Given that the series has been running since well before I was born, it's not the first Bond movie I haven't seen in the theater, but it would be the first one I miss since Craig took over the role. With respect to the others who came before him, he has been Bond for most of my life. I saw Die Another Day in theaters before Craig, but don't remember anything about it. He is "my Bond" because his films are the ones that I got t experience growing up. If the movie does get released before I feel it is safe to return, I would absolutely blind buy it on Blu-ray. But I will find it rather sad not to be able to go to Craig's final installment in the theater.

Last edited:

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
How’s the time for Bond to get crackin’ and find a safe and effective vaccine. He could bust a few heads along the way. Uh oh, did I just slip into la la land?

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
I'm very much looking forward to this film, but I have major concerns about the Bond character being re-imagined/emasculated due to the current political climate. My hope is that the writing will stay true to the Bond character but I'm not optimistic. All I'm asking for is a good film and can overlook some lesser elements if we get a good film. I will be seeing the film on the weekend of its release. I've been a fan of the Bond franchise for 35 years or so and I'm of the opinion that Craig is nearly on par with Connery as the best Bond. Having said that, I'm excited to see how Craig ends his time as Bond.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I'm very much looking forward to this film, but I have major concerns about the Bond character being re-imagined/emasculated due to the current political climate. My hope is that the writing will stay true to the Bond character but I'm not optimistic. All I'm asking for is a good film and can overlook some lesser elements if we get a good film. I will be seeing the film on the weekend of its release. I've been a fan of the Bond franchise for 35 years or so and I'm of the opinion that Craig is nearly on par with Connery as the best Bond. Having said that, I'm excited to see how Craig ends his time as Bond.
Craig has been anything but emasculated in his portrayal. IMHO, he’s been the most physical Bond ever.

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Craig has been anything but emasculated in his portrayal. IMHO, he’s been the most physical Bond ever.

Absolutely. Couldn't agree more and all of his broken bones, surgeries and injuries have proven him to be the most physical Bond ever. My concern was pointed towards this film undoing his past performances, not a reference to his past performances. I simply want Bond to be the same character we've seen over the last 24 films.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Absolutely. Couldn't agree more and all of his broken bones, surgeries and injuries have proven him to be the most physical Bond ever. My concern was pointed towards this film undoing his past performances, not a reference to his past performances. I simply want Bond to be the same character we've seen over the last 24 films.

You want him to be the same since Dr. No? I don't think he's stayed the exact same character from film to film regardless of actor or time period. All characters evolve and change. Actors, writers, directors and producers all contribute to the change. Having a character be the exact same person from film to film is boring...they need to change and grow within the confines of the actual character.

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
You want him to be the same since Dr. No? I don't think he's stayed the exact same character from film to film regardless of actor or time period. All characters evolve and change. Actors, writers, directors and producers all contribute to the change. Having a character be the exact same person from film to film is boring...they need to change and grow within the confines of the actual character.

Yes, I do. I want him to be guy that saves the world and doesn't take a back seat to another character in the name of political correctness. I say this because I'm concerned that Bond will take a backseat in that regard to a female Double 0 character. I have no problem with them working in tandem, but I want Bond to be the hero we've always known and saw in the previous films.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Is there any chance, like a legit chance from official material we've seen so far, he won't be he hero in movie #25 who saves the world? I'm not a Bond expert by any stretch-so correct me if I'm wrong-but Skyfall wasn't about saving the world. It was a revenge plot against M, right? If I'm right, by your definition, he isn't the same character in that movie because he didn't save the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks