What's new

Which studio/company do you want to co-finance and distribute Bond 25?

• Warner Bros.

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • Sony Pictures

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • 20th Century Fox

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Universal Pictures

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Annapurna Pictures

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Apple

• Amazon

• Total voters

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
If November REALLY ends up not happening, would they consider going straight to digital? I’d hate to not see a Bond film on the big screen.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
If November REALLY ends up not happening, would they consider going straight to digital? I’d hate to not see a Bond film on the big screen.

If November doesn't happen, I think we will just see 2020 being a wash, and everything planned for 2020 pushed to 2021, everything for 2021 pushed to 2022 and so on.

It's a lost year, and we're just at the beginning of it.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I wonder if November is going to happen.

I think we will still have the month of November.

I’m excited about the final Daniel Craig Bond film. This will most likely be his view to a kill or die another day for sure.

I’m also looking forward to a new lead and a new direction with the films too.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I hope you guys are wrong because I'd hate to still be cooped up at home in November.

But yes, if theaters are not open by November, they should absolutely keep this on the shelf. Daniel Craig's final Bond film needs to be a theatrical event whenever that is possible. I don't want to see it for the first time on my television. And I don't think MGM will do that. They are too reliant on the box office success of Bond to ever let it go to digital first. There's a reason why they were the first to officially delay their movie before any theaters in the U.S. were closed. Bond is their bread and butter and they know it. Sending this film to digital only would be a disaster for their company.

Last edited:

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
I hope you guys are wrong because I'd hate to still be cooped up at home in November.

But yes, if theaters are not open by November, they should absolutely keep this on the shelf. Daniel Craig's final Bond film needs to be a theatrical event whenever that is possible. I don't want to see it for the first time on my television. And I don't think MGM will do that. They are too reliant on the box office success of Bond to ever let it go to digital first. There's a reason why they were the first to officially delay their movie before any theaters in the U.S. were closed. Bond is their bread and butter and they know it. Sending this film to digital only would be a disaster for their company.
I don't think we'll necessarily still be under quarantine, but I think it's possible that mass gatherings like concerts and movies may be among the last things that return to normal.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
mass gatherings like concerts and movies may be among the last things that return to normal.

Probably, but I'm still hopeful that we can have that by November. As I said in the Wonder Woman thread relative to whether or not 1984 will get delayed again, I'm going to assume the current release date will stick until told otherwise. If they have to delay things again, then they have to delay things again, but thinking that I'll get to see Bond in November is part of what is keeping me from going completely nuts right now. So as far as I am concerned, right now, I plan to be seeing Bond in 227 days when it opens.

If not, I'll readjust the countdown for whatever the next release date is. But for the time being, it's 227 days.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I watched goldfinger and golden gun last night. Love the classic bond films in 4K!

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
As far as November being a movie showing month - a LOT can happen between now and then, including new therapies being developed that can help us get back to normalcy sooner. Not a vaccine of course, that would be too soon. They are working hard on this. Be hopeful. :)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The movie could face another delay, this time to 2021. MGM is not interested in a VOD strategy and wants the movie to run when theaters are back up to full capacity.

The Bond movie was the first to be delayed because of the pandemic. If it is moving (or considering it), be assured that other films are too.

The pressure is down to when and if a move is made. Studios are quickly snapping up 2021 release dates as dozens of big movies are seeing delays of over a year. There is an uncertainty that cinemas will be widely reopened by November. California recently published its phased re-opening plan and it is probable that cinemas will only be running at 25% capacity by November.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks