What's new

Which studio/company do you want to co-finance and distribute Bond 25?

• Warner Bros.

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • Sony Pictures

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • 20th Century Fox

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Universal Pictures

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Annapurna Pictures

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Apple

• Amazon

• Total voters

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
They work well together - Marr is a featured player on Zimmer’s live concert DVD and they do some great stuff in it.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Interstellar is terrific -- I really wish they had released a complete version of that soundtrack -- but my favorite Zimmer score is still the original Lion King, by a wide margin.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

Billie Eilish Makes History at the 2020 Grammys with Her Big Four Sweep

Billie Eilish
must be feeling pretty good for a "Bad Guy." The 18-year-old singer, whose album When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? took over the pop culture zeitgeist in 2019, took home six Grammys on Sunday night, including a trophy for each of the Big Four categories — Best New Artist, Song of the Year, Record of the Year, and Album of the Year.

Eilish is not only the first female to win all four of those trophies in a single night, but she is also the youngest person to do it. Christopher Cross was the first to do it in 1981, when he was 30 years old. Adele also has trophies in all four of the big categories, but two years separate her Best New Artist (2010) win from and her wins in the other three categories (2012, for 21).

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
It seems unlikely.

Even if the movie did run over two hours, the end credits now tend to run 10-15 minutes so the actual film content is often much shorter than the published run time.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Given Purvis & Wade’s writing style, more time means even more convoluted plots and subplots.

Maybe a lot of the running time was scripted by the other three credited writers? ;)

I'm only half kidding here. But in all seriousness, it seems nuts, but there are five credited writers on this thing: Purvis, Wade, Scott Z. Burns, Cary Fukunaga and Phoebe Waller-Bridge.

We'll see how that works out.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
The number comes from a Russian news source in regards to the local distributor reaching out to alert them how much time was needed to be blocked out when programming showtimes. That’s not the same as the studio saying how long it is. What it probably means is that one of the finance partners or local distributors wanted to start setting up ticket sales, needed a time estimate, and with the film still being worked on, were given a very generous estimate to ensure that they didn’t reserve to small a time.

Until you hear it from either the studio, the trades, or American/UK/European theater chains themselves, probably best to take it with a grain of salt.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I dislike the Hans Zimmer factory intensely so I'm not looking forward to the underscore. I am however looking forward to the Bond song by Billie Eilish. I always thought her Bad Guy with a little sweetening would have made an awesome Bond title song.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
I can't see it being 3 hours long, but 2 1/2 certainly seems possible. I find most blockbusters these days to be needlessly bloated. It's rare that I don't leave the theatre thinking a movie would have been a lot better with 15-20 minutes cut out of it.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
Modern day Zimmer holds very little interest for me and for the first time in a long time I have zero excitement for a Bond score. I just don't like his current style of action writing, it's more noise/sound effects than music IMO. One things for sure, the Zimmer fanboys will declare it the best score ever composed, just like they do for every new score he writes.

I don't dislike all Zimmer, "Interstellar" is my favorite modern day, post "Gladiator" Zimmer score. I don't think he'll ever top "The Lion King (1994)" and "The Prince of Egypt", which are my favorite Zimmer scores, followed closely by "Days of Thunder" and "Crimson Tide".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks