What's new

Which studio/company do you want to co-finance and distribute Bond 25?

• Warner Bros.

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • Sony Pictures

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • 20th Century Fox

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Universal Pictures

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Annapurna Pictures

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Apple

• Amazon

• Total voters

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Wow, that seems pretty late for this kind of change. How much impact can he have in that short of a time? Obviously can't rescore the whole thing.
While it's probably his weakest one, Barry wrote The Man with the Golden Gun score in three weeks.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
That score is one of my favs! I had no idea he wrote it in 3 weeks, cool but of trivia!

I love the golden gun score too!
It could’ve been expanded in 2003 as the tapes were on hand but they ran out of time and budget funds.

Will eventually all films be scored by Hans Zimmer then???

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Another relevant question that hasn't been announced yet: Who is writing and/or performing the song?

I don't remember when Adele and Sam Smith, respectively, were announced for the last two, but I feel like we knew it was them for a while before the movie came out.

I wasn't a fan of the Spectre song, so I hope the new one is better.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I think the Sam Smith song for Spectre was only announced about a month ahead of the film's release.

Adele was only confirmed for Skyfall about three weeks prior to release (though I think there had been rumors).

Could this be a clue that perhaps Beyonce is recording the song (I hope not):

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/10/entertainment/beyonc-james-bond/index.html

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
If it's Adele again, that creates an automatic comparison to Skyfall, which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. But I suspect she would only do it again if she felt she had something else to say and another song that was as good as Skyfall. She doesn't need the money, so there's no incentive for her to come back to do that and turn in something that is less effective than the first time she did it.

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
Billie Eilish would be an inspired choice if they can come up with something that suits her vocals and has a Bond style.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I think Billy Idol would be interesting.

I’d love to see Shirley Bassey do the theme as well. Hers are all amazing.

Atari

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Edward
Billie Eilish seems to be the front runner on the rumor mill at the moment. The director follows her on Instagram and she posted a bunch of Bond girl photos. I'm old, so don't know what she sounds like. Hopefully it's better than some of the recent drek.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
I hope the song is incorporated into the score, but given that Zimmer had nothing to do with it and has just signed on, it probably won't be.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks