What's new

Which studio/company do you want to co-finance and distribute Bond 25?

• Warner Bros.

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • Sony Pictures

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • 20th Century Fox

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Universal Pictures

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Annapurna Pictures

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Apple

• Amazon

• Total voters

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
D-TjLebXUAIoIVa.jpg

https://twitter.com/007/status/1145353418803834880/video/1

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Figured. I was disappointed when they previously said he wasn’t coming back but since Boyle left there have been hints at his return.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
[...]The Craig films are coming to UHd Blu Ray in September btw. Not officially announced yet.
There’s also rumors that these will be used as a gauge for the rest of the films on UHd Blu ray.[...]
If they must gauge the potential market for 4K/UHD, then starting at either end of the Bond bookends is not such a bad way to go; as I feel that the best of 007's cinematography is found on either side. With Craig, we've got Roger Deakins and Hoyte van Hoytema, but my deeper wish would be that they gauge from the Connery beginning; as this is where the excitement of a 4K/UHD treatment may be discovered. Consider these cinematographers of the Connery era: Freddie Young ("You Only Live Twice") and the rest by Oscar winner Ted Moore. If Craig revitalized the series, then I have no doubt that 4K/UHD could also be what revitalizes the Connery installments; as the visual revelations are certain to be a-plenty.

Last edited:

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
If they must gauge the potential market for 4K/UHD, then starting at either end of the Bond bookends is not such a bad way to go; as I feel that the best of 007's cinematography is found on either side. With Craig, we've got Roger Deakins and Hoyte van Hoytema, but my deeper wish would be that they gauge from the Connery beginning; as this is where the excitement of a 4K/UHD treatment may be discovered. Consider these cinematographers of the Connery era: Freddie Young ("You Only Live Twice") and the rest by Oscar winner Ted Moore. If Craig revitalized the series, then I have no doubt that 4K/UHD could be what revitalizes the Connery installments; as the visual revelations are certain to be a plenty.

I’m sure we will see many of the films on UHd by the time bond 25 is out in April of next year.
Not sure why preorders are not up and announced for the Craig films if they are coming in September this year as bill hunt and others have stated they are coming then.

Reactions: PMF

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I love the Bond films, and as I have stated many times, I have bought them multiple times - first on CED, then on VHS, then on VHS again (with the Pink Panther shorts), then on DVD, then on blu-ray in the multi-packs, then on blu-ray again in the Bond 50 set. I will surely buy them again on UHD - or at least most of them. Here's what I learned: After the Bond 50 set, I set out on a Bond rewatch program that took me several months, and what I found is that there are some Bond movies that I simply never need to see again (Die Another Day, looking right at you). So, unless there is a big Bond box set that incorporates all the films on UHD, I will probably only buy the ones I consider essential, which would be all the Connerys, the Lazenby, the Moores (except for AVTAK), the first Dalton, the second Brosnan, and the first Craig. Also, it's going to be hard to replace that beautiful Bond 50 blu-ray set with individual movies. I'd like to see a UHD set.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
...So, unless there is a big Bond box set that incorporates all the films on UHD, I will probably only buy the ones I consider essential, which would be all the Connerys, the Lazenby, the Moores (except for AVTAK), the first Dalton, the second Brosnan, and the first Craig...
Those are exactly the ones I'd get. I missed CED and Beta, but I did get the CBS/Fox VHS ones, then the MGM tapes, the MGM remasters, laserdiscs (including the three Criterions), DVD, remastered DVD, blu-ray, and most recently, 4K remastered digital on iTunes.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Hey guys, thought I’d chime in. This is probably non-news, but I thought it was funny and a sign of the times. My local morning news reported that for Bond 25, James Bond will retire from M-sixteen. He will be replaced by Lashana Lyncht.

They were not even fact checking the story as the source was so wrong or misleading.

The newscasters are a man and woman team, he’s barely 40 and a confessed Disney and Star Wars fan, the lady is in her early 30’s. They both admitted to know nothing about James Bond so the news had no impact on them. What I found as a sign of the times is the audience for Bond is shrinking even more. Especially the older ones who know what MI6 is.

https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond-25-lashana-lynch-007?id=04531

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Hey guys, thought I’d chime in. This is probably non-news, but I thought it was funny and a sign of the times. My local morning news reported that for Bond 25, James Bond will retire from M-sixteen. He will be replaced by Lashana Lyncht.

They were not even fact checking the story as the source was so wrong or misleading.

The newscasters are a man and woman team, he’s barely 40 and a confessed Disney and Star Wars fan, the lady is in her early 30’s. They both admitted to know nothing about James Bond so the news had no impact on them. What I found as a sign of the times is the audience for Bond is shrinking even more. Especially the older ones who know what MI6 is.

https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond-25-lashana-lynch-007?id=04531

I’m waiting for the film. Daniel has been really uneven for me. Also most bond actors final films are......

Looking forward to bond 26 and hopefully a new team and studio in charge.

These 25 stories have been great to get bond in the headlines with controversy too.

I think we already know quite a bit about the film now.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
What I'm hearing is that at the beginning of the movie Bond is retired so they gave his 007 designation to a different character. So she isn't the new Bond, just another character in the movie.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
What I'm hearing is that at the beginning of the movie Bond is retired so they gave his 007 designation to a different character. So she isn't the new Bond, just another character in the movie.

Agreed.

777 for Daniel?

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Felix Leiter! This is the first I’ve heard, now Wright will be the first Leiter actor to play it three times!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks