What's new

Bond 20 - Die Another Day (official title) (1 Viewer)

This has all been dealt with legally. Sony owns no rights connected with Bond, Thunderball or Never Say Never Again. It will not be remade...again. MGM own the property in full now, which is why NSNA is on MGM Home Video.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I agree. They need to stop with these "take over the world" type stories.
Nooooo, you have to be kidding, Bond has never had plots like that before ;)
Reminds me of that Simpsons outtake -
Bond (getting dragged off): "Well at least tell me your plan for world domination."
Blofeld: "Oh no, I'm not falling for that one again" :laugh:

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
NSNA is a remake of Thunderball itself.
I know. Im just saying that for it to be counted at a "TRUE" Bond film, it should be keeping within the continuity of the other Bond films, and NSNA does not. When NSNA was made, LARGO and SPECTRE had already been killed off in previous Bond films. The fact that it was based an an earlier Bond film is moot point.

Marty Lockstead

Second Unit
Mike- Never Say Never Is not a TRUE bond film because it wasn't produced by EON or the Broccoli family. Also, it was theatrically released in direct competition with the OFFICIAL Bond film that particular year, OCTOPUSSY in 1983. For a little extra trivia, Roger Moore hadn't signed on to play Bond until the last minute when the producers found out about the rival 007 film. They apparently screen tested James Brolin (BLAH!!:angry: ) and the relativly unknown (at the time) Aussie actor Sam Neill. I do like Never Say Never still because it's a remake of one of my favourite Connery films THUNDERBALL.

Bill Moore

Auditioning
I read somewhere that the original title for TND was "Tomorrow Never Lies" - meaning that the newspaper put out by the media mogul (called "Tomorrow") always had the facts. Of course, since the madman was creating his own news, it made it easier for him to have the "truth" in his paper.

Somewhere in the movie making process, a typo or mis-quote lead to "Tomorrow Never Dies"... and they decided to go with it.

B

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Can ANYONE explain to me what the hell TOMORROW NEVER DIES means?
I like that title, it has a kind of bittersweet, almost film-noirish feel to it. It just sounds good. To me it just means that "there's always a tomorrow, if we let Bond save the world for us" :)
/Mike

Rusty Ray

Second Unit
did any one know where they got the name for The world is not enough? its on the Bond Family crest on the cover of one of the novels.

Dharmesh C

Supporting Actor
I think Sam Neil tested for Living Daylights and he did a good job, but the best Bond got it in the end, Dalton!!!!!

PeteD

Stunt Coordinator
----------
did any one know where they got the name for The world is not enough? its on the Bond Family crest on the cover of one of the novels.
----------
Yeah, it's the Bond family motto. Revealed in TWINE and originally in OHMSS.
These used to be books? :laugh:

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
So ... Is Paramount going to sue MGM due to the fact that the title is a obvious derivative of "Today is a good day to die" from Star Trek fame?

This makes about as much sense as forcing the "Goldmember" title off the new Austin Powers movie.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
So ... Is Paramount going to sue MGM due to the fact that the title is a obvious derivative of "Today is a good day to die" from Star Trek fame?
No, it's the usual Bond spin on a phrase, ala Live & Let Die, You Only Live Twice. In this case, "Live Another Die".

Well, that's how it read to me. That Star Trek phrase never popped into my head in reference to it.

And anyway, 'today is a good day to die' is originally attributed to Crazy Horse. Should his heirs be suing Paramount?

John Stockton

Second Unit
I kind of like the title. But does anyone know why in the hell John Barry is no longer doing the music for the Bond films anymore?? For the past few films there were always rumors that he would be returning to score the new film only to be replaced by David Arnold at the last minute. Don't get me wrong, I like Arnold's music and from what I hear he is a great Bond fan and really cares about what he puts into the films but he will never be able to replace John Barry. The films are just not the same without him. :frowning:

Dharmesh C

Supporting Actor
Barry has said he wants to do Bond, but I guess everyone feels that the films have taken a new direction. In my opinion, Bond doesn't deserve Barry.

Apparently, Barry was offered Goldeneye, but he wanted a lot of money. Maybe Barry is asking for too much?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks