What's new

Bonanza (1 Viewer)

David Singleton

Stunt Coordinator
Every weekday, the PAX network airs two Bonanza episodes (1 and 4 pm CST). It has become a ritual for me to tape those while I am at the office and watch them every evening.
The Bonanza series has some of the most beautiful scenery along with some of the most endearing characters (not just the Cartwright family) in a television series. Since purchasing my DirecTV, the daily watching of Bonanza has become somewhat of a tradition.
I know Madacy released five episodes in various sets, but the quality was poor and the original theme song was not used. I think Paramount could release the series, but I am not sure. Does anyone have any definitive information so that I may start the appropriate thread in the Studio Feedback area?
Any information would be appreciated.
David

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Wow, I thought my 12 yr old daughter was a big Bonanza fan! She checks PAX.com every day to find out what episodes are airing. Shes almost obsessed!
eek.gif
And think, she was not around when this aired. There is even a website and mailing list she subscribes to, Bonarchy or something of that nature, but I warn you, do NOT sign up to this or if you do you will NEVER be able to stop the e-mail flood that will come your way. Its really wild to think in todays world that this show still has this type of following.
------------------
Regards,
Todd

My HT

David Singleton

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Todd.
While not as young as your daughter, I was not around during its run either. Its popularity really doesn't suprise me since it is such a classic series. Its popularity should be on par with other classics such as Gunsmoke, M*A*S*H, All in the Family, etc.
David

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
Bonanza was the REAL reason my family bought a color TV way back when. I remember how disappointed I was that ALL the TV shows weren't in color. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks