What's new

BONANZA! at last!!!! (1 Viewer)

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Well, when I was in high school back in the early '60s, my history teacher was a friend of Dan Blocker (went to school together.) He wrote a story, it was bought by CBS and the whole high school (Alhambra High, Alhambra, CA) watched that episode on Bonanza.

"The Reluctant Rebel" aired 11/21/65 written by Wally George, my history teacher and sold to CBS for $4000.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
Well, when I was in high school back in the early '60s, my history teacher was a friend of Dan Blocker (went to school together.) He wrote a story, it was bought by CBS and the whole high school (Alhambra High, Alhambra, CA) watched that episode on Bonanza.

"The Reluctant Rebel" aired 11/21/65 written by Wally George, my history teacher and sold to CBS for $4000.
You meant your history teacher sold the script he wrote for "Bonanza" to NBC, not CBS, but through ownership changes concerning the series, it went to National Telefilm Associates (NTA), which was renamed Republic Pictures in the 1980s, then it was sold to Spelling Entertainment/Worldvision. "Those companies ended up being part of CBS Television Distribution today.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks