What's new

BONANZA! at last!!!! (1 Viewer)

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
I will definitely get the Adam years. After that I enjoyed the years with Candy. He was almost like another son to Ben. Ben treated him like one, anyway. Great show,

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
You know, I remember someone saying that CBS would probably end the Gunsmoke series when they started the Bonanza series. I hope this isn't true. I bought my Gunsmoke at Walmart about 4 days ago and noticed today that only one copy was left (there were like 5 or 6 when I bought mine). So hopefully that's a good sign. I can't see CBS canceling this if it's a good seller.

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
Bob_S. said:
You know, I remember someone saying that CBS would probably end the Gunsmoke series when they started the Bonanza series. I hope this isn't true. I bought my Gunsmoke at Walmart about 4 days ago and noticed today that only one copy was left (there were like 5 or 6 when I bought mine). So hopefully that's a good sign. I can't see CBS canceling this if it's a good seller.
Well, why cancel one high seller when you can add another and double your profits? Besides, CBS just got over one firestorm with the Fugitive music rights issue, they certainly don't want to make another strong fan base angry.
No, I expect both Gunsmoke and Bonanza to sell as long as they are profitable.

javier1

Auditioning
Real Name
javier
Hi guys,
I'm new on this great forum and I'm from Spain. My english it isn't as good as I'd like but I can write it and read it without too much problems.
I'm a hard fan of American classic TV, actually I grew up here in Spain with so many American TV series such as "Little House on the Prairie", "Rich Man Poor Man", "The Love Boat", "Hawaii Five-o" and of course "Bonanza". To name just a few.
I have many of them with its original spanish dubbing, but in many other cases I have the American DVD's that includes spanish subtitles, even though it isn't too much difficult for me to understand english (I have the complete first and second season of "Family", for example, and it's easy for me to understand the plots etc...)
anyway I really hope that this "Bonanza" release include spanish subtitles, and my question is: Does anybody knows if this could happen on this DVD edition of the gorgeous TV series "Bonanza"?
Thanks in advance guys
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

S

silverking

Joseph Bolus said:
Some of us may just want the "Little Joe", Hoss, and Adam years. That would be the first four seasons and Volume 1 of the fifth season.
The first six seasons had all of them, Pernell Roberts (Adam) disappeared after that.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
silverking said:
The first six seasons had all of them, Pernell Roberts (Adam) disappeared after that.
No reason is ever given for Adams Dissapearance is it? And He's never mentioned again as I understand it... must be with Ritchie Cunningham's Brother somewhere.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
Dave Scarpa said:
No reason is ever given for Adams Dissapearance is it? And He's never mentioned again as I understand it... must be with Ritchie Cunningham's Brother somewhere.
My recollection is that he is mentioned from time to time. I believe they stated he went East to become an engineer or something like that, but I'll have to look that up.

Brent S

Second Unit
Real Name
Brent Seguine
smithb said:
My recollection is that he is mentioned from time to time. I believe they stated he went East to become an engineer or something like that, but I'll have to look that up.
Adam moved to Australia to start his own ranch. He's mentioned a few times during Season 7 with "we got a letter from Adam" dialogue. One episode featured a guest character who mentions meeting Adam in Australia. I don't believe the character is mentioned again after Season 7.
Adam's son, an Australian who moves to the States, was a featured character in one of the "next generation" TV movies. In that, it's mentioned that Adam is still alive, but in poor health.

Guy Foulard

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
javier1 said:
Hi guys,
anyway I really hope that this "Bonanza" release include spanish subtitles, and my question is: Does anybody knows if this could happen on this DVD edition of the gorgeous TV series "Bonanza"?
Thanks in advance guys
Hi Javier,
Some of the CBS/Paramount TV series on DVD have Spanish subtitles (and audio) and some don't. Since Bonanza is such a well-known show, I think it's possible that they will spend the extra money to make it more accessible to Spanish-speaking audiences in the U.S. We'll have to wait until it's closer to the release date to know for sure, though.

javier1

Auditioning
Real Name
javier
Thanks for your answer Guy.
I'll cross my fingers for that Spanish subtitles on "Bonanza" because I have always loved that show very much and I really wanted it on DVD.
Just as they did on the great "Hawaii Five-o" and "The Love Boat" DVD's, I expect also a very good restored DVD edition for "Bonanza" from CBS/Paramount, so the spanish subtitles, like in the "Hawaii Five-o" and "The Love boat" DVD's would be just great for me.
By the way; Does anybody remember one particular episode of "Bonanza" in which Little Joe (Michael Landon) tries to stop a disturbed killer with an old machine gun? I remember very clear that episode and its impact on me when I watched it here in Spain, but I don't remember the title.
Best Regards
Javier

javier1

Auditioning
Real Name
javier
I'll cross my fingers for that Spanish subtitles on "Bonanza" because I have always loved that show very much and I really wanted it on DVD.
Just as they did on the great "Hawaii Five-o" and "The Love Boat" DVD's, I expect also a very good restored DVD edition for "Bonanza" from CBS/Paramount, so the spanish subtitles, like in the "Hawaii Five-o" and "The Love boat" DVD's would be just great for me.
By the way; Does anybody remember one particular episode of "Bonanza" in which Little Joe (Michael Landon) tries to stop a disturbed killer with an old machine gun? I remember very clear that episode and its impact on me when I watched it here in Spain, but I don't remember the title.
Best Regards
Javier

javier1

Auditioning
Real Name
javier
Best Regards
Javier

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
Picked up the combined Vol. 1 & 2 today ahead of schedule - it's always nice to get something early! Sometime later today I will settle down for some viewing and let those interested know how good the picture quality is. Some screen shots from my computer should give you an idea.
1000x800px-LL-vlcsnap-200482.jpg
1000x800px-LL-vlcsnap-202995.jpg
1000x800px-LL-vlcsnap-201989.jpg
1000x800px-LL-vlcsnap-202493.jpg
1000x800px-LL-vlcsnap-208592.jpg

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
Dan - you guessed correctly. If I'm feeling desperate for a particular show or movie I tend to try the week before release day as usually they have something. It would have been nice if the price was a bit less but since it has been slow lately regarding the release of older tv shows I'm not complaining.

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
Consider yourselves lucky, Bonanza fans!

I continue to wait rather impatiently for MAVERICK to be released in season or half season sets.

And wait. And wait. And wait. And wait......

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
I would love Maverick as well. Plus more Cheyenne, Sugarfoot and Bronco. Westerns don't get released too often, unless by an independent like Timeless.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks