What's new

Pre-Order Bohemian Rhapsody (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Saw this yesterday in London. It’s a terrific film. I think they took a few too many dramatic licences regarding the chronology of events, as mentioned above, but otherwise it’s great.

Malek is sensational and as for “Brian May”, I swear they borrowed a time machine and brought the real one back from the Seventies.

From a British point of view, I spotted a few Americanisms that probably wouldn’t have been said by Brits at the time. Eg. Counter-clockwise as opposed to anti-clockwise. And the kid from Jurassic Park had a spot-on accent apart from one line towards the end where he lost is. But these are minor quibbles.
Hell, I'm just glad to see some American actors playing Brit roles, when it's usually the other way around.

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
I saw it this past Saturday at Seattle Cinerama and enjoyed every minute. I wasn't bothered by the timeline, after all, it is an entertainment not a documentary. The show was sold out, in fact, the only reason I got in was because the woman in front of me at the box office was turning in a ticket because her husband was called in to work on an emergency. It was great seeing it on that huge screen with an enthusiastic crowd. The audience applauded at the end, which I have experienced at film festivals but not at a regular screening.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Price dropped to $24.96 (4k) $19.96 (Blu-ray). A great price for this terrific film.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I always hate it when I think that Ice Ice Baby is playing on the radio, but then it turns out to be Under Pressure, and I think to myself, "Man, I really wish it were Ice Ice Baby!"

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Seeing pretty much unanimous praise for the film here. My interest level in seeing this is rising.

Is this something I could take my 8 year old son to see?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
It’s probably borderline and depends on what kinds of conversations you want to have afterwards.

Although there’s no nudity in the film and not much strong language, it has a lot of “adult themes”. Freddie marries a woman near the beginning of the film, and comes out as bisexual about halfway through. We see some subtle scenes with Freddie pursuing gay hookups (no actual sex is shown, more the kind of thing where one characters enters a room and closes a door, and then Freddie enters afterwards), and it’s strongly implied (but not explicitly shown) that Freddie participates in some debauched parties with multiple partners and drugs. AIDS is also mentioned, though the film’s portrayal of Freddie’s illness is historically inaccurate in terms of when he got it and when he told his bandmates.

I think what’s actually in the film is borderline to show to a younger audience member, because nothing graphic is actually shown onscreen. And it’s possible that younger viewers unfamiliar with sex and drugs may just miss those hints. But your son may also be aware that there are things in the film that he’s not understanding and may have questions about.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
It’s probably borderline and depends on what kinds of conversations you want to have afterwards.

Although there’s no nudity in the film and not much strong language, it has a lot of “adult themes”. Freddie marries a woman near the beginning of the film, and comes out as bisexual about halfway through. We see some subtle scenes with Freddie pursuing gay hookups (no actual sex is shown, more the kind of thing where one characters enters a room and closes a door, and then Freddie enters afterwards), and it’s strongly implied (but not explicitly shown) that Freddie participates in some debauched parties with multiple partners and drugs. AIDS is also mentioned, though the film’s portrayal of Freddie’s illness is historically inaccurate in terms of when he got it and when he told his bandmates.

I think what’s actually in the film is borderline to show to a younger audience member, because nothing graphic is actually shown onscreen. And it’s possible that younger viewers unfamiliar with sex and drugs may just miss those hints. But your son may also be aware that there are things in the film that he’s not understanding and may have questions about.

Thanks. Maybe it’s not for the best yet.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
63a8cbe2-ddd5-46e3-b4c9-57ed39a5c344.jpg

Bring Home the Foot-Stomping Box Office Sensation
Bohemian Rhapsody Featuring Never-Before-Seen
Music Performances

The Number One Music Biopic of All Time Now Nominated for 2019 Golden Globe® and SAG Awards
272b446c-9a06-4daa-8274-e61ea2c4d860.jpg
Bohemian Rhapsody Arrives on Digital and Movies Anywhere January 22 and 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™ and DVD February 12

Includes Complete "Live Aid" Movie Performance Not Seen In Theaters

LOS ANGELES, CA – Celebrate the iconic and heart pounding music of Queen and Freddie Mercury with the highest-grossing biopic of all-time when Bohemian Rhapsody comes to Digital and Movies Anywhere January 22 and 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray™ and DVD February 12. Fans can experience the story behind the band and the making of “Bohemian Rhapsody,” the #1 streamed song of the 20th century and other favorites like “We Will Rock You,” “Somebody to Love,” “We are the Champions” and more, for a music adventure that will make you laugh, sing, dance and cry.

Nominated for two Golden Globe® Awards including Best Motion Picture - Drama and Best Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama (Rami Malek), and two SAG Awards for Outstanding Performance by a Cast Motion Picture and Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role (Malek), BohemianRhapsody has captured the hearts of fans globally.

Bohemian Rhapsody is an enthralling celebration of Queen, their music, and their extraordinary lead singer Freddie Mercury (Malek), who defied stereotypes and convention to become one of history’s most beloved entertainers. Following Queen’s meteoric rise, their revolutionary sound and Freddie’s solo career, the film also chronicles the band’s reunion, and one of the greatest performances in rock history.

For the first time, fans can experience a truly one-of-a-kind music movie event with the complete “Live Aid” Movie Performance featuring two never-before-seen songs (“Crazy Little Thing Called Love” and “We Will Rock You) packed into a 22-minute collective experience recreating the original event. In addition, on Blu-ray & Digital, fans will get a look behind the making of the film including interviews with Queen, the cast and creative team.

Bohemian Rhapsody Digital, 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™ SPECIAL FEATURES
  • The Complete Live Aid Movie Performance Not Seen in Theaters (featured in 4K Ultra HD™ HDR on the 4K Ultra HD™ Disc)
  • Rami Malek: Becoming Freddie
  • The Look and Sound of Queen
  • Recreating Live Aid

Bohemian Rhapsody DVD FEATURES
  • The Complete Live Aid Movie Performance Not Seen in Theaters

Bohemian Rhapsody 4K Ultra HD™ Disc Specification
Street Date: February 12, 2019
Screen Format: Widescreen 2.39:1
Audio: English Dolby Atmos, English DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0, English Descriptive Audio 5.1, Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1, French DTS 5.1
Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish, French
Total Run Time: Approximately 135 minutes
U.S. Rating: PG-13
Closed Captioned: No

Bohemian Rhapsody Blu-ray™ Disc Specification
Screen Format: 1080p High Definition Widescreen 2.39:1
Audio: English DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1, English Dolby Digital 2.0, English Descriptive Audio 5.1, Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1, French Dolby Digital 5.1
Closed Captioned: No

Bohemian Rhapsody DVD Disc Specification
Screen Format: Widescreen 2.39:1
Audio: English Dolby Digital 5.1, English Dolby Digital 2.0, English Descriptive Audio 5.1, Spanish Surround Dolby Digital 2.0, French Surround Dolby Digital 2.0
Closed Captioned: Yes

The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks