Real Name
Dave Upton
[CONTAINER][POSTER]
jf7jiy0rDVn1ljUwv3pWKousQ1p.jpg
[/POSTER][MOVIE]Title: Bohemian Rhapsody

Tagline: Fearless Lives Forever

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Music[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Bryan Singer[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Rami Malek[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lucy Boynton[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Gwilym Lee[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ben Hardy[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Joseph Mazzello[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Aidan Gillen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tom Hollander[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Mike Myers[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Allen Leech[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Aaron McCusker[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dermot Murphy[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Meneka Das[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ace Bhatti[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dickie Beau[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Neil Fox-Roberts[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Philip Andrew[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Matthew Houston[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michelle Duncan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Max Bennett[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Adam Rauf[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Scott Morrison Watson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Devlin Lloyd[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Garry Summers[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Matthew Fredricks[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Stefan Kopiecki[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Pat Lally[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ian Jareth Williamson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Johanna Thea[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Adam Lazarus[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2018-10-24[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: [PLOT]Singer Freddie Mercury, guitarist Brian May, drummer Roger Taylor and bass guitarist John Deacon take the music world by storm when they form the rock 'n' roll band Queen in 1970. Hit songs like "Killer Queen", "Bohemian Rhapsody", "We Are the Champions" and "We Will Rock You" become instant classics. When Mercury's increasingly wild lifestyle starts to spiral out of control, Queen soon faces its greatest challenge yet – finding a way to keep the band together amid the success and excess.[/PLOT][/MOVIE][/CONTAINER]

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Folks - testing out a new way to display threads for movies - this can be undone, but hoping to get feedback, so i chose this thread as our guinea pig. Please let me know what you guys think.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Not a fan of Freddie Mercury but I love the music of Queen. I’m undecided if I’ll see this.
I think you'll enjoy it anyway as it appears to also be an insiders view of how the music industry really worked at that time. The musical [of course] did not venture into this territory.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Folks - testing out a new way to display threads for movies - this can be undone, but hoping to get feedback, so i chose this thread as our guinea pig. Please let me know what you guys think.

The only change I noticed is the "message # XX of XX" in the upper right corner. When I posted a new message it appeared with an out of sequence number until I refreshed the page.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I think you'll enjoy it anyway as it appears to also be an insiders view of how the music industry really worked at that time. The musical [of course] did not venture into this territory.
If it’s more about Queen the band I’ll see it. If it’s more about Mercury...no thanks. I’ll pass.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Ohhhh, maybe we’ll get the story about “Death On Two Legs” (I know it’s widely accepted that it was directed at Norman Sheffield, co owner of Trident Studios, but would be cool to see what led up to it)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Just saw a trailer on TV for this....

PG-13

Well I guess they expect all the kids will be flocking to this

Sigh

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
I also read the reviews which are usually wrong as in this case. The film was excellent and the cinema was packed also good to see and on the way out everyone seemed to have been really entertained as we indeed were.
Go see it boys and girls.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I also read the reviews which are usually wrong as in this case.
Why do you think reviews are usually wrong? They’re just opinions so they can’t be wrong or right I say. ;)

I’m gonna Pass on this one. Love the music of Queen but not a fan of Mercury for reasons I can’t get into here.

Glad you enjoyed it tho.

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
I'll catch it on Netflix. Just doesn't strike me as a $30 night at the movies kind of show.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Reviews I’ve read seem to agree that the movie is pretty superficial. You have one of the most complex subjects in rock music history but the narrative never really goes past the surface. From what I’ve seen the movie competently to impressively recreates live performances, especially Live Aid, but multiple real Queen performances spanning the different eras of their career are readily available via various Disc releases and even YouTube. And IMO, it seems like sacrilege to keep an examination of one of rock’s (by the late man’s own admission) most hedonistic personalities in a PG-13 rating. So Freddie is only going to say “Fuck” maybe only once? The guy supposedly had the mouth of a sailor. Maybe an extended unrated cut will appear in home video, but for now, I’m dubious of this film.

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
I get that some folks are pleased that this film will be a more upbeat celebration of Freddie than a more honest full disclosure biopic would likely be.

Maybe I'm alone on this - but I would prefer that I get something honest, even if it breaks my heart at the end. A real story that ends in sadness but is the truth is more impactful to me than something that I know is bent to end the story on a high note.

I don't know how they end the film, but it doesn't sound (from reviews) like Mercury's final days are covered in any meaningful way.

Sounds like the fellow who plays Freddie did an amazing job though. That's definitely a big plus. I just wish they had done the braver thing and kept it real.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks