What's new

Body of Proof Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I was curious how this new season would start out. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised her colleague Peter would die, I sort have thought he'd survive and perhaps go onto another career. There was a throw away line about how the cops left. And I guess Jamie Bamber is out too. I thought the introduction of Mark Valley was okay and could prove interesting. The season certainly got started with a big bang and a two parter that I thought was a bit over the top to have Meghan's daughter kidnapped.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I missed a lot of season finales last year and was shocked to read in the DISH description "months after Peter's death...". Haven't watched the new episode yet (I like to wait a week so I can catch these two part episodes in one viewing), but curious about what I obviously missed last year. Looks like they're dumping the Aussies and Brits. Bamber is now on "Monday Mornings", which is actually pretty good, hopefully TNT will give it a chance.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Judging by the 2 parter, the producers are going to make the show more "sensational". It seems more over the top and less interesting. If it continues in this vein, I probably won't make it through the season.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Johnny Angell
Judging by the 2 parter, the producers are going to make the show more "sensational". It seems more over the top and less interesting. If it continues in this vein, I probably won't make it through the season.
I've already moved on to Golden Boy.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I watched the 2 parter and agree, it was much more action orientated. I figured it was partly to introduce the Mark Valley character and to spice up the show a bit. The third episode was a bit back to same old from the previous season with a dash of sensationalism.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Johnny Angell said:
I'd like to see it continue, it has survived other brushes with cancellation and survived. Hope this short season brings it back up to renewal status. It's kind of a "Bones", "CSI" type of procedural, but I like the characters and how the show is done, hope it doesn't get lost in the crowd.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
With the new characters and the very different plot line, this BOP is showing signs of desperation. The last show features demonic possession, and when thata is resolved, they still leave "quarter for your jacket, Pumpkin" hanging. I think BOP has jumped the shark. IMHO.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Just watched the "Lost Souls" episode from last week. Probably some of the most wretched TV work I've ever seen. I want to retract my earlier comments, this show doesn't deserve to be renewed if this is the quality they're putting out. Maybe it's new writers, directors, producers, whatever, but if they keep heading in this direction, guaranteed cancellation. Dana Delaney is a great actress, but when you turn your lead character into queen super bitch with major attitude problems, you tend to lose your audience. If they show a few more ludicrous episodes like this one, I'm done.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Stan, I read an article on EW's website, at least I believe that was the website. ABC gave the producers of Body of Proof an ultimatum, either get the ratings up or we cancel you. They had already given them the Dancing with the Stars lead in. So the last 3 episodes of last season saw that plague and the action oriented episode of the guy who was going after Megan for doing him in. I forget what his reason was, and it left the cop seriously wounded. Those last episodes plus the Dancing With the Stars lead in gave the show the ratings bump it needed. They had also tried and they felt unsuccessfully, to romantically link Megan with the cop, then the FBI guy then the gardener. They all fizzled they thought. They felt it had to be someone she doesn't work with and someone on par with her. So the action orientated shows gave the show a bump in ratings and that is what is going on this season so far. Plus they got Mark Valley in for a more action orientation character, plus former love so they can play with the romance part. The dying cop had to go as he wasn't going anywhere. Same with the other two cops, they ran their course. This week's episode definitely raised the action level with Megan at one point told to wait in the car as the cops went after the bad guys. It was so obvious she'd take the car and chase down the bad guy and she flipped the door open and smacks the bad guy. And showed some leg too. Plus Mark Valley is much more involved in the show and definitely a foil for Megan. The forensic procedural aspect is likely to be less emphasized. Shows like CSI has probably made that old hat. So it's definitely a new show now and it looks like Megan will be put in jeopardy more often then is realistic. But this is TV. Delany deserves a better show. But I'm sure they are all doing their best to make a show work and stay on the air. Good or bad.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Nelson, thanks for the info. Just watched the latest episode and surprisingly stuck with it. The opening scene, Megan shows up in a slinky dress and high heels to investigate a death? Ridiculous. Then they get shot at, the Mark Valley character probably saves her life by covering her, throwing her to the ground next to a dumpster and her comment is "You've ruined my outfit"? No thanks for possibly saving my life, protecting me, etc. Maybe they're getting the ratings to help salvage the show, but if these are the story lines they're turning to, pretty sad.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Just finished watching the season/series finale.I was a fan the first two years, but this was one of the worst episodes of TV I've ever watched. The stories, dialogue, and main character have been nose-diving all season, but I didn't imagine it would hit the dregs like it did.

I know it went through major changes this season, and I was going with it, but the straying from logic to idiocy were just too much.

David

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
It indeed did go out with a whimper. Hopefully Delany will be asked to do a better series. Though this show wasn't bad earlier on. They sort of copied Castle with the Captain being the bad guy, but not done as well.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Nelson Au said:
It indeed did go out with a whimper. Hopefully Delany will be asked to do a better series. Though this show wasn't bad earlier on.They sort of copied Castle with the Captain being the bad guy, but not done as well.
Just watched it, definitely pretty lousy. At least they wrapped up the storylines, leaving a tiny bit of a crack open with the psychiatrist if it somehow ever gets picked up by another network, although pretty doubtful.

They got very lazy with the Captain bad guy routine, even the Delaney/Valley routine was starting to become very much like Castle, nothing to original there. Add onto that the obsession with the dead parent, not a lot of thought went into that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks