What's new

Body of Proof - Season 1 (1 Viewer)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Nelson, I've enjoyed this show since it started. Have always thought there were a few to many characters and they could have thinned the cast down, but I still feel it's well done.
I check a site called tvbythenumbers once in a while and they've been predicting cancellation for the past several months. I hope they're wrong with this one.
Haven't watched the plague episodes yet, I like to record them and watch them one after the other, rather than wait a week. If we're lucky this won't be the final season finale and it will be back for more next fall. From what I've been reading, most networks decide their fall schedule by May 12th, so not to long of a wait.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Stan, I look at the bythenumbers website every now and then as well. I don't know if that site is a private site or a proper TV industry reference. It comes off to me a little snarky. So I wonder if they really know anything.
Body of Proof does have a large cast and some rather off-beat ones too. :)
Thanks for the info about May.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Nelson Au said:
Stan, I look at the bythenumbers website every now and then as well. I don't know if that site is a private site or a proper TV industry reference. It comes off to me a little snarky. So I wonder if they really know anything.
Body of Proof does have a large cast and some rather off-beat ones too. :)
Thanks for the info about May.
I've often found the tvbythenumbers web site to have quite a snobby, attitutde problem. I think the owner comes off more as a Vegas bookie, looking at numbers only and not at the cast or the fans who follow the shows. He has been wrong.
I hope he doesn't have a big following becuse it almost seems that if he decides to keep posting about a failing show, people give up watching, things get worse and it inevitably fails.
I like this show and want it to succeed. He has also dumped on "Unforgettable" another show I like. Hope he misses the mark there also.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Interesting Stan, I had the same impression of bythenumbers! And you are right, his site certainly has the potential to affect minds to give up on shows that might have had a life.
Like Unforgetable, he is dumping on Missing, another show I think is pretty watchable.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Nelson Au said:
Interesting Stan, I had the same impression of bythenumbers! And you are right, his site certainly has the potential to affect minds to give up on shows that might have had a life.
Like Unforgetable, he is dumping on Missing, another show I think is pretty watchable.
This guy seems to spend a lot of time on researching ratings. I don't think he's anybody official from the networks, just someone with a lot of time on their hands to research ratings. I hope he doesn't have the power to actually affect ratings with the people who really make the decisions. I enjoyed Unforgettable and have just started watching Missing. It would be sad to find out that his comments actually are followed and result in the cancellation of shows that deserve a chance.
I came across the site several months ago and every week he would post a headline about "Body of Proof" sure to be cancelled, on the bubble, etc. Hard to believe one person could sway so many others to cancel a show, but you never know. Missing has barely been given a chance, so I hope it makes it. Body of Proof was similar when it first appeared last spring. Hopefully Missing is also given some more time to prove itself.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
TVByTheNumbers gets hits by proclaiming shows dead. It's always going to be more pessimistic than the consensus, because the pessimism gets people to visit the site. That being said, this one is almost certainly a goner, because it's ABC's worst performing show and it's too early in its run to think about keeping it alive for syndication purposes. It's a shame, because I like it too. Not great television by any means, but the cast is strong and the formulaic storytelling is like comfort food for me.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
To bad Body of Proof may be axed. It got one of those early spring starts last year so had a chance to show more than two or three episodes before being dumped.
Kind of like Happy Endings was presented. I don't think it would have made it if it had the regular fall opening.
Then again, the way the networks screw with things, who knows. Looks like Cougar Town may not make it. Waiting until February or whenever to premiere the new season certainly seems to have backfired on what was a pretty decent comedy. But you mess with your audience to me and you lose them.
Even though I enjoy Glee, I hate the gaps in between their little mini-seasons, but at least it seems to have survived another year.
I personally think I'll stop looking at tvbythenumbers web site, to depressing. I'd rather just wait until the official network announcements of what makes it and what doesn't.
Still ticked off about Terra Nova, but that was probably more a financial decision than some guys website.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Body of Proof aided its cause and helped its chances for renewal by improving its ratings with its last two episodes (a particularly large audience for its season finale). I can't see ABC tossing it aside when they have a two hour block on Sunday that needs some serious attention and other problem spots on its schedule as well. Unless their one hour pilots are really strong this year, I think Body of Proof may be back.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
MattH. said:
Body of Proof aided its cause and helped its chances for renewal by improving its ratings with its last two episodes (a particularly large audience for its season finale). I can't see ABC tossing it aside when they have a two hour block on Sunday that needs some serious attention and other problem spots on its schedule as well. Unless their one hour pilots are really strong this year, I think Body of Proof may be back.
Thanks for the positive news Matt, let's hope the last few episodes help.
Haven't seen them yet, like to watch two parters straight through, so I'm a bit behind.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Hey Stan! Yes, this bythenumbers website sounds like a fan boy! I'll seek out more authorities sources.
That's encouraging news Matt. I hope Pan Am may have saved itself too and returns to shore up Sunday or another night. But I am not too hopeful.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Nelson Au said:
Hey Stan! Yes, this bythenumbers website sounds like a fan boy! I'll seek out more authorities sources.
That's encouraging news Matt. I hope Pan Am may have saved itself too and returns to shore up Sunday or another night. But I am not too hopeful.
The tvbythenumber website looks pretty realistic and accurate, but could easily be a fan boy with an awful lot of time on his hands. Seems to get a lot of accurate ratings numbers, although source seems to be unknown, but could also be using those numbers to skew things the way he wants. Being the "internet" you never really know what's true or not.
Doesn't really favor any network over another, so don't think it's one network trying to make their shows look better than others.
Sad that somebody like that may have enough of a following to actually influence the network decisions. I hope he's wrong.
I really enjoyed Pan Am, brought back that old time style more romantically without the sleazy side of Mad Men.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Low rated in 18-49, but a very large audience among older viewers, more than double the total audience of NBC's Parenthood in the same hour but not as strong with 18-49.

It's one thing to cancel shows that aren't drawing much in either bracket, but for a 10 p.m. show, what better place to appeal to older viewers? ABC has to put on something at 10 p.m. It's their largest 10 p.m. audience apart from Castle.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Adam Lenhardt said:
Easily this upfront season's biggest shocker: ABC renews perennially low-rated medical drama Body of Proof for third season
I can't say I would have missed it much had it been canceled, but I'm glad to see it'll be back. Definitely the biggest surprise renewal so far.
This was a big surprise to me. Even though reading loads of negative things about the show, I really enjoy it, but sadly didn't think it would get renewed.
I'm really glad this surviived for another season. Still think they have to many cast members, but I find it a very enjoyable show. For once glad that the powers to be have made a choice I'm pleased with.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I'm done with the tvbythenumbers website. He's right sometimes, but certainly screwed up with "Body of Proof", one of my favorites of the season.
As somebody above mentioned, he posts a lot of negative comments and the more I read, he's just a network want to be with way to much time to waste.
He's off my website list and I'll look for more legitimate sources in the future.
Hope that people like him don't have much say in whether a show fails or succeeds, because he's not always right. Plus he may actually influence shows to make it or fail based on the "official" look of his site.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I am surprised and happy that this show got renewed, as I thought it would be gone. I guess that goes to show, how ABC isn't exactly in good shape, though not as bad as NBC.

It's strange that all these cancellations and renewals being announced before the fall schedules came out.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Stan /t/310280/body-of-proof-season-1/30#post_3925192
I'm done with the tvbythenumbers website. He's right sometimes, but certainly screwed up with "Body of Proof", one of my favorites of the season.
As somebody above mentioned, he posts a lot of negative comments and the more I read, he's just a network want to be with way to much time to waste.
He's off my website list and I'll look for more legitimate sources in the future.
Hope that people like him don't have much say in whether a show fails or succeeds, because he's not always right. Plus he may actually influence shows to make it or fail based on the "official" look of his site.
I just use his site for daily ratings only. Body of Proof got helped by their improved ratings the last couple of times. It's a quality show with good writing and acting.

Crawdaddy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks