What's new

Bochco's "NYPD 2069" (1 Viewer)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
http://tv.zap2it.com/news/tvnewsdaily.html?29243
Huh, I thought everybody had been denying this thing's existence just a couple months ago. Apparently he's working on it for Fox.
Next fall could be interesting for us sci-fi fans - CBS already has that "lawyers in 2053" series in development (allegedly with a 13-episode order), and if this makes it to air, it'll be a welcome change from the usual itinerant spaceship sci-fi programming.
Of course, you never know with Bochco. Though he's most remembered for Hill Street Blues and NYPD Blue, his other cop shows have included Hooperman (with John Ritter) and Cop Rock. And there was that "cops in ancient Rome" thing he was supposedly working on a year or so back. Also, I wasn't aware he'd signed with Fox. Last I remembered, he signed a big, gigantic multi-series deal with CBS that produced 13 episodes of Brooklyn South.

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
There was also Bay City Blues....which I enjoyed a LOT!

Beverly Hills Buntz

Doogie Howser

Capitol Critters..complete disaster that one!

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, I bet it would make a good story if the cop had been frozen after being framed by his arch nemisis, who was also frozen and has "accidentally" been thawed out. And the bad guy would be so evil the modern cops just couldn't handle it because their society had been overcome by pacifism.

Or, maybe the cop was accidentally frozen and the stories involve him adjusting to the future, resuming his role as a cop, along with a robot for a best buddy and a mutant cyclops for a love interest.

Either of those could make for a good plot.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
I'll be looking forward to either of those series. Anything Sci-Fi is good for me, even watch Olivier Grunner films for chrissakes!

Hmm, I bet it would make a good story if the cop had been frozen after being framed by his arch nemisis, who was also frozen and has "accidentally" been thawed out. And the bad guy would be so evil the modern cops just couldn't handle it because their society had been overcome by pacifism.
That's already a great movie with Stallone and Sandra Bullock, Demolition Man!

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
I like Demolition Man; it's the reason I got a RPTV. I was sitting there watching the letterboxed laserdisc on the 27" big-piece-of-furniture-TV (what do they call those, they don't make 'em anymore) and I'm thinkin', "Gee, I wish the picture was bigger." I caught a bit of it in pan&scan on TNT or whatever a few weeks ago, and the composition really suffers in 4:3.

In this new show, will all restaurants be Taco Bell?

And is there any particular reason it's '69, and not '68 or '70?

//Ken

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks