What's new

Bocaccio 70 on DVD (1 Viewer)

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
DVD Planet had an annoucement today that" Boccaccio 70 "(with Sophia Loren, Anita Ekberg and Romy Schneider and directed by Fellini, Visconti, and DeSica) will be released in April in 2 disc set from Rykodisc. Does anyone know if it will be letterboxed at its proper 2.35:1 aspect ratio and in its original language?

Louis S.

Auditioning
Ryko is only the distributor. Boccaccio is released by a new label called NoShame Films.

Devildead.com a french website, states that the movie will be shown in a 1.66:1 anamorphic aspect ratio. An italian and an english track will be included as well as english subs.

NoShame will also release another De Sica movie: Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I have the Italian DVD of "Boccaccio 70" and it is in 2.35:1
I hope "No Shame" does not alter the original aspect ratio.

Anthony Thorne

Supporting Actor
NoShame also have some great Sergio Martino giallos out in May. I'm sure the company won't change the original aspect ratio of the movies they release, too.

Armin Jager

Stunt Coordinator
Romy Schneider is the only reason to see this film, but is there a better one in the whole film history :)?
It's sad to see that there are so few films of Germany's greatest and most popular actress available in the US, some company should put together at least a box set of her Sautet films, there are more than enough docus on her as possible bonus features, e.g. a remarkable one by Syberberg.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks