What's new

Bob's Burgers (2011-on) (1 Viewer)

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
Just wanted to start a discussion thread for one of the most underrated cartoons I've ever seen, Bob's Burgers - LOL. I've only seen the first season (so far), but plan on continuing to watch this & get caught up.

(Mods, note that I couldn't find a dedicated thread devoted to the show so decided to create one. If there is a dedicated thread that I missed, please merge with this one, if possible - Thank you.)

This series is great! Very sick, twisted, and very un-PC. I like the fast food restaurant/beach town setting & the great animation - very creative. Note I use the word "restaurant" extremely loosely - ha ha.

There is no way a live-action show would be able to get away with some of the heinous & truly messed-up storylines/episodes on this series - but that's one of the reasons the show is so funny ;)

Having a fast food place located right next door to a funeral parlor is so bizarre & sickening that it would be almost unimaginable in real life, but works for a cartoon. Going along with this, the episode about Louise (the youngest kid) making up stories about her parents using "meat" provided by the funeral home was truly vile - but I'm sure anyone who eats there probably considers the possibility that this is happening - ha ha.

The fact that a guy is voicing the teenage girl character is somewhat odd, but par for the course for this show. And, I know similar things have been done with other cartoons - i.e., people of the opposite gender voicing male/female characters.

I used to be a huge fast food fan & ate out at dives similar to this one; sometimes the best food is in hole-in-the-wall places. However, I don't think I would ever have stepped foot in a s$#%-hole like this - LOL.

More reviews will be forthcoming.

Last edited:

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
Watched BB's S02; even more twisted than S01, if that's possible. Favorite episodes included:

-When Bob is having a dental procedure done & is highly medicated - he thinks that Linda's sister Gayle is Linda, and kisses her. When he comes to, he realizes his mistake - though Gayle has fallen for him & she non-subtly goes after him. Bob explains the whole situation to Linda & not only is she not upset, but encourages him to "give in" to Gayle. According to Linda, hooking up with Bob will give Gayle confidence so that she later can go after someone else - LOL. And, Linda admitted to Bob that when she & Gayle were in h.s., she made Gayle think that she was dating Linda's bf, also in order to give her confidence - ha ha. What an understanding wife - too bad they're not all like that
upload_2020-3-12_11-14-46.gif
;)

-Bob gets into a "video game" feud with Jimmy Pesto (the owner of the more successful Italian restaurant across the street) & they try to beat each other's high score(s). This very slightly reminded me of the the very underrated documentary The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters (2007); this was about two video game enthusiasts who compete for the highest score in "Donkey Kong".

-Food trucks in front of BB's are competing for his business, and Bob decides to "fight back" by buying a food truck of his own, while still keeping the restaurant running. Soon after, he realizes that he's stretched way too thin & is losing $ because he's spending more money, time, and staff (i.e., his family) on the food truck than he can afford, while still keeping the restaurant open with a skeleton crew...and that he should just have focused on the restaurant itself. This is something that would have been immediately obvious to almost anyone else. What a nimrod
upload_2020-3-12_11-14-46.gif
- LOL.

As someone who sometimes patronized food trucks (though the occasion was rare), it's completely understandable that it would cost less $ to run a food truck (less overhead, no rent, etc.) than it would to run an actual brick & mortar restaurant/fast food place.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks