Bob Zemeckis' 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand' Sept. 28

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Keith Paynter, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Keith Paynter

Keith Paynter Screenwriter

Courtesy of The Digital Bits:

[​IMG]

Original Poster:

[​IMG]

Hmm, I wonder if Universal doesn't like Eddie Deezen (War Games/1941/Grease/Dexter's Laboratory)...Warner put him on the original video from the one-sheet.

I must have missed that one. And I just bought a LD off eBay for $10 (plus all that shipping) :b

2. Christoph_G

Christoph_G Extra

I really love this movie! This and "Smile" are 2 of my favorite '70s comedies. Glad to see both of them getting releases!

3. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Producer

I sure hope this one held up over the years...it's been at least ten years or so since I've seen it and remember it being a really funny movie. Can't wait to see it again!

4. Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott Lead Actor

it was and remains a very fun movie.
    this is one of the highlight releases of the year for me.

thanks for posting the one sheet- just this morning i was driving and thinking about this movie and trying to remember what the art that Warner used on the LD looked like- i remembered the outstretched hands but nothing else.
    for Universal, that not a terrible photoshop job- maybe Eddies on the back of the jacket?

5. Keith Paynter

Keith Paynter Screenwriter

I saw this late at night on Bravo(?) about a month ago, and still holds up very well. It was fun seeing Murray 'The K' playing himself, although looking a decade older, and Will Jordan's classic impersonation of Ed Sullivan is another highlight. (oh, and Nacy Allen's 'makeout scene' in the Beatles' hotel room was hilarious - gives a whole new meaning to "Got Wood?")

6. Derek Miner

Derek Miner Screenwriter

Yeah, poor Eddie... of course, at the time he was recognizable from "Grease" being a huge hit. Now, people would just know him for cartoon voice-over work. At least Zemeckis is working with him again, as a voice in "Polar Express."

Can't wait to hear the commentary on this DVD. I think it would have been cool to get some of the stars together for a second commentary, but I guess we should be glad we're getting ANYTHING... I would have loved to hear from Wendie Jo Sperber and Marc McClure, who appeared in all the Zemeckis/Gale collaborations.