What's new

Bob Stuart (Meridian) issues denial of Stereophile story (1 Viewer)

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
John,
I really think you are taking this way too personally for a non-Meridian employee. Why is this such a big deal to you? We posted the news about Bob Stuart's denial at the top of the thread.
Isn't that good enough until we hear Stereophile's side and any future retractions that may appear in the next issue?
If you had a conversation with John Atkinson, what else did he say about the situation? Is he printing an apology? Is he steamed at Peter W.?
Inquiring minds want to know...;)

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
John,

What do you think of the negative reporting the DVDA session from HE2002 is getting on High Fidelity Review:

The trouble started when someone asked why the panel believed DVD-Audio was superior to SACD. Having explained that all the tools used in production operate in the PCM domain, implying DSD material is either converted or compromised, there then followed a number of disparaging and, in my opinion, unnecessary comments aimed in the Super Audio CD direction.
The article goes on to give specific instances where the panel disparaged SACD with often incorrect information. It makes for interesting reading.

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Lee,

I received a brief reply to a letter to the editor from JA, so not much to pass along. JA simply stated that the AES event was the NY convention, not the Munich convention.

I haven't read any of the High Fidelity Review material, but will check it out when I have the opportunity.

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks