Bob Newhart Show Season 4 Issues

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Brian Himes, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Brian Himes

Brian Himes Screenwriter

Brian
    I don't know if this has been mentioned before or not, but Fox has messed up the season 4 opening credits on several episodes. There are a few episodes where the opening credits are shortened and don't even include the orange background stuff. Two episodes have the completely wrong opening credits. One episode uses the 1st and 2nd season opener and one epidoe uses the season 6 (I believe) opener that shows the Hartley's new apartment after they move to the 10th floor.

This isn't the first time that Fox has messed up the opening credits on this show, but the mistakes on season 4 really stuck out.

2. Rob_Ray

Rob_Ray Screenwriter

Rob Ray
    I'm no expert, I'm just old enough to have watched the show in its first run. Apart from any season six errors, I do know that by this time in the show's run, many Saturday nights featured an abbreviated opening credit sequence, so any shortened credits may be "as originally shown."

3. george kaplan

george kaplan Executive Producer

I too recall the opening varying in length from show to show.

4. Mark Bendiksen

Mark Bendiksen Screenwriter

I've only watched about half a dozen episodes so far, but I seem to be perceiving a dip in video transfer quality from previous three seasons. It's not a huge deal, because I'm not expecting stellar picture quality from these old shows. However, it does make me wonder if they're putting as much time in making the transfers.

5. Garysb

Garysb Cinematographer

Shorter credits could mean longer actual shows . Has anyone timed the shows in question .