What's new

Bob Dylan in SACD: Available and Awesome! (1 Viewer)

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
The limited edition CD of Masked and Anonymous is out and includes the Bob Dylan SACD sampler as promised.

On first listen, it rocks. I great transfer given the age of the recordings.

Stop by Tower or your local fave retailer and check it out.

I can't wait for the full albums. I will report more details soon.

:)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Lee, I picked this up at Best Buy yesterday. Both the CD and the SACD sampler are winners. My only complaints are 1) it's in a digipak and not a jewel case and 2) the spindles in the digipak grip the discs far too tightly. If the discs had been made by Crest, they probably would not survive the initial removal. :)

Oh, the SACD sounds great, by the way.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Mine still hasn't arrived from CD Universe (despite having made my order a full week before the release date). I can't wait for the Dylan sampler, I mean, the more I hear about it, the more desperate I am to hear it! I'm almost ready to walk down to Best Buy and purchase another one...

And maybe it'll help take the sting out of the "Pet Sounds" disappointment. I understand that many have concluded that re-calibrating the rear channels significantly lower has a very positive effect on the multichannel remix (which I can do as I can only access the DTS track, but can this recalibration be done for the full-rez MLP track?). But it's the response regarding the original mix that leaves me most disappointed. I get the impression that not only is it significantly worse than the DCC CD, but that it's practically unlistenable. :frowning:

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Is there anything on the sampler that isn't on the upcoming SACDs of the albums? That is, if I wait patiently for the SACDs I pre-ordered, I get to hear this stuff, right?

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
When are the SACDs supposed to come out, anyway? I pre-ordered them and sold my redbooks. I'm all waiting and stuff...

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I'll look for the disc+sampler this week.

Does anyone know if these are pressed by Crest?

Also, is it official that mono mixes will not be included?

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I'm getting curious about the movie...look at all the big stars: Jeff Bridges (Dude!), John Goodman, Jessica Lange, Luke Wilson, Penelope Cruz, Bob Dylan.

Any buzz on this movie? is it out? I will check at Movie Forum...

Here is a track listing for yall:

1. All I Really Want To Do
2. Love Minus Zero/No Limit
3. Stuck Inside of Mobile With the Memphis Blues Again
4. Tangled Up In Blue
5. Gotta Serve Somebody
6. Moonlight
7. Cold Irons Bound

Nice disc labeling in the old Columbia logo from vinyl days. :emoji_thumbsup:

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Yes, it does! :)

As you can tell, mine arrived today! The stereo tracks are amazing, and I think most will love the multichannel tracks. "Tangled Up In Blue" and "Gotta Serve Somebody" are beyond belief, they sound so good.

Took the bad taste from my frustrating "Pet Sounds" experience right outta my mouth!

Larry Geller

Supporting Actor
Is there anything on the sampler that isn't on the upcoming SACDs of the albums?
Yes--7. Cold Irons Bound. It's on the soundtrack, but is only on SACD (stereo & 5.1) on this sampler & it sounds GREAT!!

BTW, if you listen to the 5.1 Stuck Inside Of Mobile...in stereo, you get an instrumental version, since the vocal is center channel only. It sounds great also.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks